Hi Everyone :)

davidj96

I'm new to the forum and I'm interested in becoming a cop someday. As for now, I'm finishing up my final year of high school and will be shipping to USMC basic training next June.All the cops that read this post, I'd like to thank you all for what you do and I cant wait to join up someday. :)

Gelsemium

Hey there David, welcome to the forum! Why would you like to become a cop, what's your motivation? I have a friend who grew up in a really poor neighborhood with a lot of crime and he's a cop today, that was his motivation.

Rob93FL

Hi David, welcome to the forums. Good luck at basic training! Have you started preparing yet?

davidj96

Hey there David, welcome to the forum! Why would you like to become a cop, what's your motivation? I have a friend who grew up in a really poor neighborhood with a lot of crime and he's a cop today, that was his motivation.

Thank you so much for welcoming me to the forum! :) I would love to become a cop because I want to do what's right and help society. I see it as a great opportunity to provide a much needed service to people in need and I'd like to keep the bad guys behind bars and off the streets so that they cannot harm other citizens. I'll also be doing UV Security forces while I'm in the USMC, so I also think the experience I gain from my military career will transfer over quite good when becoming a member of the police force.

davidj96

Hi David, welcome to the forums. Good luck at basic training! Have you started preparing yet?

Thank you for welcoming me, I really appreciate it! I have started preparing quite a long time ago. I was already working out daily and preparing myself for basic by following the guidelines that are posted on Military.com. I went down to MEPS two weeks ago, and that's when I swore in for the first time. Ever since then I have been training twice a week as a poolee down at my recruiting station, alongside other poolees.