High School Dean Shot Student Execution Style

Rainman

There was a proposal that teachers should be allowed to shoot students dead. In self defense. After this shooting I think fewer people would want to see more of the same.

The "high school dean" who was also a preacher allegedly had been using the boy to sell marijuana for him. On the day of the shooting, it's reported that he had told the victim that they were going to a house to get marijuana and meet up with some girls for the victim

After meeting the boy at the rendezvous, the "preacher" shot the boy "execution style" but the bullet, fortunately for the young weed seller, didn't lodge itself in his brain.

Formerly a pastor at Charles Street A.M.E. Church, Harrison left in 2012, according to the Rev. Opal Adams, an associate pastor at the Roxbury church.

Adams said she was shocked to hear the allegations against Harrison, who she said she remembered him for his antiviolence work with area youths. “It doesn’t sound like our Shaun,†Adams said. “It’s not the character of the man we knew.â€
Preachers who are drug dealers and murderers.

English High School dean Shaun O. Harrison Sr. charged with shooting student - Metro - The Boston Globe

Gabe

It makes a mockery out of religion in the US where anyone can be a pastor it seems. Making marijuana legal should help reduce the crime, but I can't see that it does except the price will go up. I mean if both drugs and guns are legal in the US, then it's a recipe for disaster isn't it? I think in Massachusetts where this is, now certain places are allowed to sell it for medical reasons, but knowing most of my friends that use it, they can find a medical reason.

Unfortunately selling marijuana is so common these days, people don't really think twice about it.

Rainman

Would legalizing Marijuana change much? I suppose it would. All this trading in secret and shooting those who would expose you would end.

All this makes me wonder how many men and women of the cloth are criminals. The hypocrites know that being preachers places them way above suspicion. How many more crimes have been committed by preachers and they got away with it?

mrsbright

It makes a mockery out of religion in the US where anyone can be a pastor it seems. Making marijuana legal should help reduce the crime, but I can't see that it does except the price will go up. I mean if both drugs and guns are legal in the US, then it's a recipe for disaster isn't it? I think in Massachusetts where this is, now certain places are allowed to sell it for medical reasons, but knowing most of my friends that use it, they can find a medical reason.

Unfortunately selling marijuana is so common these days, people don't really think twice about it.

Crime did went down in the states where marijuana was legalized. That and, yup, price went up -- but the state made so much money they did not know what to do with it!

I don't see how weed and guns being legal would be a recipe for disaster. It's not like weed makes anyone violent -- quite the opposite. Now, alcohol? Pretty sure angry drunks have had problems with keeping themselves in check a few times, and guns would be bad for them. But weed? Please.

Now on the subject of religious authorities... There were --and still are -- so many scandals. It looks like people still consider them "too good for crime" still, but that's just weird in my eyes. They've shown more than enough that they're just faulty humans, like everyone else.

timelord731

Marijuana is not really what you would call a "violence inducing" drug. Quite the opposite.

ally79

I believe that teachers should be allowed to have guns at school if they want to and they are properly trained for those kinds of situations. This story doesn't change that. There are always going to be a few bad apples in the bunch. It is a shame that this man was an educator and a man of the cloth and allowed himself to be carried down a dark path, but that does not taint the whole of religion, or the idea that teachers should be able to protect their students.

Patrick

Wow this is purely messed up. Perhaps the screening process for educators needs to be more stringent. In any case I hope this man gets life imprisonment.

shilpa123

This is a really a shame. How can preacher act in a such a stupid manner. I do believe that doing something should be punished very harshly. It is really sad when such things happen.

missbishi

It's clear that with or without marijuana, this high school dean clearly has some mental health issues. I note that he was a preacher and think it's more likely that some crazy religious obsession was at play. Religion and poor mental health are NOT a good mix!

hellonamesdan

A couple of years ago my cousin told me this story about how he apparently was in the principles office at his school when he was in either eighth or ninth grade and he was held up at gunshot by one of his teachers or something like that. I don't think that it actually happened though because it wasn't all over the news or anything like that, and I think that it would have been all over the news.

dyanmarie25

What a hypocrite. A pastor preaching the gospel of God is a marijuana dealer. The world is getting crazier. No one could be trusted anymore.

JoanMcWench

I'd like to know if there's more to this story. I hate that when a story is written it's pretty much put aside for the next big thing. I'd rather hear a story later down the line with more information available than hearing about it the morning after it happens.