How long could you live without the Internet?

DancingLady

I could live without it indefinitely, but as I'm currently making around $50 a week via the internet, I would be pretty hard up until I found another income source for at leas that much money. I have gone a few years at a time without it though.

TonyMHFan

I could probably go a long time without it assuming I have other things to do to fill in the time I'd have been spending on it. Nothing I do online is too essential to life.

Shimus

I could live forever (until I died that is) if necessary. I just derive way too much pleasure from all my friends online as well as gaming and my job is online too. So, I'd be crippled for a bit if it went out but I'd be able to adapt and live like the Walking Dead if that's what it took, or any other post-apocalyptic setting.

But no internet makes me:

attachment.php

Attachments

• NOOOOOooooooooo.jpg
    NOOOOOooooooooo.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 94

Lizel

I can proudly admit that I'm not an internet addict (luckily), so I could go without the Internet even all my life. :)
But I know that a lot of people are addicted by now and would have a huge problem without having access to the Internet.

hellonamesdan

It depends on where I was and if I was preoccupied with something else. Probably no longer than a week, and even then I would have to be really entertained the entire time, so much that I wouldn't even have time to use the internet!

timelord731

So long as I had books at my disposal, I think I could last forever. It would be difficult to break away, but it might be necessary at some point.

GlacialDoom

I estimate that I would last about a week or two, given that I would still have access to my downloaded video games/movies. After that, I'd start to get really, REALLY bored.

shilpa123

I could never actually live without the Internet. I think the Internet is most essential part of my life. I totally love it.

missbishi

I work online so accesss is vital to me. If the connection at home poops out for whatever reason, I'll go to the local library for a while. Even when I'm not working I feel cut off from people if I can't check the news, my email and Facebook.

KenBrace

Banned
I could live the rest of my life without the internet. It would suck though. I spend a lot of time online and use it for many productive things so I would really hate to do without it. But if it went down I could adjust to a new "no internet" life without much of a problem.

Rosyrain

I absolutely need the internet to function for both work and home purposes. I do some work online and so it would mean a loss of income for me as well as some leisure time fun.

ally79

I could live for a very long time without it, but I would be miserable after about a day. I use the internet to work from home and to home-school my kids so lack of it would definitely make those things more difficult. I really enjoy using it for research and socializing too.

Profit5500

I wouldnt last a day without the internet, It is like food for me.
That is how I am about the internet if I lose it I would not be able to live with myself. I need the internet to do certain things like know what is going on with the world when I need to.

dyanmarie25

I could live without the internet forever. But this could mean that I won't be able to make a living too, because I have an online job, and internet is one of the most important factors of my work. So considering this situation, no, I guess I couldn't live without the internet.

Josie

Probably just as long as it took for the power outage to end lol. Also, any time I leave the house.. I don't bring technology with me, I find it rude and invasive. I could live forever and ever and ever without internet and one of the reasons is right in your post. Time slows down. That's when you slow down too and appreciate life and what you're actually a part of. Be mindful and in the moment. I could enjoy that forever. BUT, I am amongst a society I have to keep up with and until I make it big (never lol), I can't just opt out of society and slow my life down... so power outages and treks out into the wild wild city will likely be the only thing coming between me and my internet.

Gabe

I could survive without the internet for days and even weeks, but it's more about other people expecting you to respond to messages. Just because you have email or social media doesn't mean that you are obliged to use it, but people do unjustly. The internet makes things easier, but we can survive without it.

FuZyOn

I couldn't live without internet. I do freelance writing for a living and it is kind of impossible to do my job without access to internet.
I also wouldn't be able to find as much entertainment and knowledge as I am on the internet so my life would be pretty boring for the most part :(.

Diane Lane

For me, it depends on whether the separation is voluntary or not. If I choose to go without the internet, I can last longer, but if it's forced upon me, whether by the service being down, or out of a connected area, that's a different story. If I didn't need the internet to make money, I would probably only connect 3-4 days a week, or possibly, less. I do get tired of all the connectedness sometimes, and take a self-imposed break, but I always wander back after a bit.

bala

A day or at max 2 maybe,because if not then i would left struck for a choice to do my work.
To me Internet takes an equal stake along with the air i breathe in,essential,very much to say the least.