How long have you stayed in your current job position?

wameyo

We all know that it's not good to stick to one job position for too long. It shows signs of stagnation. For those working, I want to know for how long you've stayed in that position and what you are currently doing to climb the ladder or move on?

rga1999

Well I have been an independent contractor for about 5 years now. It is actually pretty nice. Knowing that I am setting my own schedule. I am not doing just 1 main thing all the time. It is always something different. Keeps me on my toes. I love doing what I do.

Onionman

I stayed with the same company for over 10 years. Had I had more foresight I would have got out a long time ago. Now I'm looking for different opportunities but have no intention of ever staying at the same place for that long again.

shilpa123

I have stayed in my job for the past three years. I have tried many other jobs but I think this one is much better than the others. I totally love my job and I hope to stay in it for quite a long time. I enjoy being a part of my job.

Muthoni

I worked in my last place of employment for four years. I left to work from home following my passion of writing. Today I am asking everyone I know about a secretarial position for the social aspect of it. We never know how important something is until we lose it. I miss my old job and I look forward to being employed.

LitoLawless

I have never been able to stay at a certain position for very long. I think it's mainly because subconsciously I know it's not what I REALLY want to be doing for a living. I had my last job for the longest of all my jobs, and that was only seven months. My job before that was about four or five.

Kittyworker

Im going on about 8 years unemployed. I had a broken leg that prevented me from working at my previous job for awhile, when I finally would have been able to return I got a blood clot which meant no more working around the chemicals. Since then I have been trying to do odd jobs that will pay anything that can help out the family.

bala

I just passed out last year and have been working on a government project for some months now.I reckon around 4-5 months.I need to learn a lot from here and this is pretty much a good learning curve.