How many times you have been scammed on the internet?

dariel2323

I've been scammed 4 times on some pages. I've come to make money, after working with them and do all the things good managers fail to pay. The truth I do not like to work for free, and you?

bala

Twice,the first one i didnt lose any money but the second was a MLM strategy that i fell for like a hateful gullible.I lost about a $100 totally.The first one was non-payment for my work.

Profit5500

I could recall answering this question with someone else before. I think it is a tough trend to make money online since there are lots of scams out there. So I have been scammed by third party sites that promised to give referrals and they don't so I open that Paypal dispute button and got my money back.

Patrick

Twice, once with a paypal chargeback, and another time with an Ebay seller. Needless to say I'm not too fond of either options now.

Rhoda D'Ettore

Never, but that might be because I have been online since 1983 and have seen it all. Another is that I am from NJ and we don't trust anyone. We are skeptical people. I also had a scammer of a cousin who not only claimed to have cancer, but fostered a special needs child then did tons of fundraisers--even though she was getting paid by the state as all his care was paid for by the state. I then stated a scam busting Facebook page to fight people like her. It is sad that the only people who get scammed are the very good hearted empathetic people or the desperate who really need the money.

Muthoni

This is my story as well. If I was paid all the money I have lost with unpaid work online, I would be a happy camper. I left my safe and secure job to write for a living because it is my passion. The only benefit that I can say I gained from all this is the experience and the patience to work online. Furthermore I believe that money lost returns bringing along its other friends.

LongShot

There are only two times where I can recall myself being scammed online. Those both times were because I was naive into thinking I magically won a random lottery. This internet world is only for those that are smart enough to know that mostly every thing is a lie.

Teens In Crisis

I have been on the net since AOL 2.0 and can't really think of any time I've been "scammed".

I'm not sure that I consider not being paid a scam. When someone rips you off like that, or steals from you, that's not really the same thing as a scam. They are scum bags, and you can't prevent people from being scumbags. When I hear "scam" I think like MLM, Pyramid stuff, fake lotto, someone stealing your info and getting into your Paypal, etc...

I work primarily online these days too.