How to get accepted?

davidj96

This question has probably been asked many times before, but I'll make sure mine is a bit more specific. Next June I'll be shipping to Marine Corps recruit training and my MOS is UV Security Forces. I may or may not try to stay in for my full twenty years which is my goal. I have always wanted to be a cop and I figure the military would be a great place to start. So if I were to not reenlist, how would I go about getting into the academy? Would I stand a good chance?

Gelsemium

I don't see why you would not stand a good chance, if you have the desire to go I think you will succeed, at least that is how I think, give it your best shot and you'll make it.

Profit5500

Thinking of the military is the best way to get into the police force. If you spend more than 6 years in the military that would pave your way into the academy since now you have something to put on your resume. I was thinking of the military but I cannot find a way with transportation so I am out of luck.

bala

I am not telling this just for namesake,but you really stand a great chance to get selected.You have everything going your way and mainly the burning desire..I really hope you make it through.Good luck seriously.

Profit5500

I hope you do succeed and get to be a police officer after your service in the Marines. What police department you plan on getting into? I hope you be one of the good cops and not the bad ones.

Dixons

If you've previously been a marine, you should have a pretty good chance. I wish you the best of luck with your career in law enforcement. Where do you intend on applying?

davidj96

I hope you do succeed and get to be a police officer after your service in the Marines. What police department you plan on getting into? I hope you be one of the good cops and not the bad ones.

Thank you very much for your responses! I would like to join the Miami police department or be a state trooper in Alaska. Those are the two department I'm really interested in ,but just for the sake of being an officer I would have no problem at all being at another department instead. As long as I can help keep crime off our streets I'll be the happiest man alive! Also, I promise to be a good cop! I cant see myself being crooked or just one of those mean cops that people cannot stand.

davidj96

If you've previously been a marine, you should have a pretty good chance. I wish you the best of luck with your career in law enforcement. Where do you intend on applying?
Hey, thank you for your response! I really would like to be a state trooper in Alaska or an officer in Miami, but I really don't mind what department as long as I'm keeping crime off our streets and helping to keep our country a safe place for everyone.