Husband Confesses To Killing Wife, Posts Photo Of Her Body On Facebook

Anthony

Super Moderator
SOUTH MIAMI, Fla. A South Florida man was charged with first-degree murder Thursday night after turning himself in. Miami-Dade police say the suspect fatally shot his wife and then posted a photo of her body on Facebook.
He was charged with first-degree murder Thursday night after he turned himself in.
Authorities said that Derek Medina, 31, said he shot Jennifer Alfonso, 26, at their South Miami home after the victim told him that she was "leaving him." When police responded to the home, they discovered Alfonso's body, as well as her 10-year-old daughter, who was unharmed.
According to the affidavit, the 6-foot-2, 200-pound Medina said the two of them started a heated argument in an upstairs bedroom when he pointed a firearm at her. Medina said she left the bedroom, then returning shortly to tell him she was leaving him. He says he went downstairs into the kitchen and confronted her and she started to punch him. He said that he went upstairs to get his gun and confronted her again, at which time she picked up a knife. Medina said he was able to disarm her and put the knife in a drawer, but that when she began punching him again, he shot her several times, the affidavit says.
In his post he wrote that that his wife was punching him and that he wasn't going to stand any more abuse. He also said, "Im going to prison or death sentence for killing my wife love you guys miss you guys takecare Facebook people you will see me in the news."
In his last post he wrote "Rip Jennifer Alfonso", he posted a horrific picture showing the victim in black leotards slumped on the floor. She looked like she had fallen backward, with her legs bent to her sides and blood on her left arm and left cheek.
The photo was up for more than five hours before Facebook took it down. A Facebook spokeswoman said that they couldn't comment on a law enforcement investigation but could provide a general comment from the company.
"The content was reported to us," the spokeswoman wrote. "We took action on the profile removing the content and disabling the profile, and we reached out to law enforcement. We take action on all content that violates our terms, which are clearly laid out on our site."
Pictures posted by Medina on Wednesday show the family enjoying a meal alongside a marina and lounging beside a swimming pool.
Thursday night, police had taped off the area around the condo complex where the couple lived and questioned neighbors and friends of the victim.
Neighbor Phil Eby said he didn't know the couple very well however was very surprised to hear about the shooting.
"I met him a couple of times. He seemed like a pretty nice guy," Eby said. "But I don't remember her at all."
Another neighbor was too upset to comment about the shooting, however did tell reporters that she was grateful is that he at least didn't harm the child.
Public records show that Medina and Alfonso first married in January 2010, divorced in February 2012 and then remarried three months later.