I am so pumped and ready to go!

mgreen311

I start my first day in the Academy for my local Sheriffs department in July. I am so pumped and ready to go! Thanks for all the help so far, and I will keep you guys posted.

joshua minaya

Irrespective of how confident an individual may be personally i will reccommed the need to be a little modest at first on the first day while you try to analyze and adapt to the terrain or system.This to me will often be the best approach in the long run.

Profit5500

Good for you! I've heard the first week is the hardest. Good luck.
The first week for any occasion is difficult. Whether its school or the military or even the police its difficult to know where to go with all the confusion in the mix. Its best to take one step at a time and gather as much info as you can so it would not be so difficult getting through.

Trickster

Well being motivated plays a big part in your performance. Not just in the Academy, but all over in your life.

Now combine that motivation with a good prep, and you are deemed to succeed.

Good luck, amigo!

KrustyKrabella

Now that it's nearly September, how are you doing, mgreen? You can't just leave us hanging! ;)

I hope you are doing well and that your motivation has stood the test!

GemmaRowlands

I'm glad you feel as though you're all ready to go, because you can be certain that this will be one of the most difficult things that you have ever done. That being said, although it will be hard, you can be equally as certain that it will be one of the most rewarding times as well, and it can lead to a job that will change your life forever. So treasure this time, enjoy it, and make the most of every opportunity that is given to you!

ReDGuNNeR

He is probably super busy going through all the trials and procedures one must unergo while training in the Academy to become a police officer. Whenever a friend has applied for a job in law enforcement I have sadly been unable to see them while they train and focus most of their attention to the career they are about to undertake. Even the younger ones going off to the Academy right after high school devote and sink alot of time to study and be at the desired fitness level as most agencies are EXTREMELY COMPETITIVE.

Especially the cushy departments that everyone would love to join that have very large waiting lists with little to no openings unless you are a veteran of LEO. I wish the best for mgreen and hope he is on his way to protecting and serving his community as a Sheriff.

Kate

Now that it's nearly September, how are you doing, mgreen? You can't just leave us hanging! ;)

This thread was from 2013 and somehow found its way to the top again... I hope that the original poster did absolutely great and is well on his or her way to being the best officer that sheriff's department ever had... but it's been well over a year so there probably won't be an update. :confused:

KrustyKrabella

Oops! I didn't even notice that, Kate! Good catch!

Maybe he'll come back and tell us how it went now that it's been bumped a few times :D

Profit5500

I am sure mgreen is probably out of the academy and is on to his job as a deputy. I am sure our support is enough to help him out so we should be thankful for that. I am sure mgreen is probably somewhere online reading our posts.