If you see something, do you say something?

Rhoda D'Ettore

I have had several incidents where I took action myself. One was in an airport and this man sat next to me and suspiciously told me he was traveling to six different US cities that were no where near each other. He told me he was from Columbia but his passport was from El Salvador. I told an officer, but he did not care. Then I saw a gun in his bag. I tackled him and screamed "GUN"! It turned out to be a water pistol. That was smart of him huh?

Rhoda D'Ettore

They "detained" him to question him. The officer who didn't believe me took him away. They tried to hold me, but the big wig in charge did some kind of search on me and found I was a federal employee with no warrants, etc. If they needed me, they could find me.

There was another incident where a guy tried to ripped my purse off my shoulder. I beat the crap out of him, and when the police got there, they thought I was the bad guy. That is until they saw the video! The officer laughed so hard and told the guy, "You picked the wrong victim!" He had a couple broken ribs and pled guilty to attempted robbery.

askanison

That is hilarious! I have called the cops on teens and suspicious people wandering through our neighborhood before. We caught one guy who turned out to be a wanted felon casing houses around the neighborhood to later rob. Other than that I will call highway patrol when someone is driving crazy on the highway. Too many people won't and someone winds up dead. I wouldn't want that guilt on me.

Gin0710

I've called the cops on weirdos coming up to me and harassing me to use my phone. I've called the cops on domestic disputes, weird drug deals going on the corner of my street, not to mention people I've never seen before wandering my neighborhood. I live in a not-so-peaceful town where it is actually know for being the toilet bowl of the state.

Patrick

I have not called the police before, as I have not witnessed any obvious crimes in progress, thankfully. Though if I did happen to witness one I would certainly call the police! Turning a blind eye to crimes is a very wrong thing to do, for all you know next time you could be their target...

bala

Does bribe count..?? A traffic inspector once took a 500 buck bribe from a guy who didnt have a license at .all.I caught him on camera and reported him.So yes..if that does count,then yeah i have an instance to talk about

Gin0710

That's crap. He should've given the guy a ticket or something. Good for you for reporting him.

dariel2323

If I saw some suspicious things but I do not have reported to the police that. I always like to be safe first, then not to have problems.

Teens In Crisis

I was in a welfare office that was taken over by gunmen one time. I didn't have to cal for help, once they started shooting the place up, it was pretty much made aware to the world. Pretty nightmarish situation.

Rhoda D'Ettore

You snapped a shot! YAY! Good for you! I'm not normal. So i have all sorts of crazy things happen to me.

One time there was a guy who robbed the drug store I was managing. The lost prevention district manager was busting my chops because a cashier was $5 short. But he held the safe open and this robber put a gun to my head. I looked at the stupid district manager and said, "You're Loss Prevention. Prevent this loss!" LOL The robber got away with $10,000 cause the jerk was concerned about $5. Stupid

dolittle94

Of course if you see something then you should report it. It's not only common sense, but it's the right thing to do. Just think of how many people that could have avoided troubles, like kidnapping, rape, or being killed if someone had just said something. If it were me, I would want someone to say something. If I were to see something and I didn't see anything then I would feel like crap if something had happened that I could have at least helped to prevent.

Josie

No, I never have. I would definitely report it though, if I witnessed it. Those who stand by are just as guilty.

FuZyOn

I always try to report to the police everything that seems shady to me. Even though I sometimes happened to just report something worthless and waste law enforcement's time, I still do it everytime seems off.
I also report abuse and violence that happens on the streets.

dyanmarie25

I haven't reported anything to the police yet. If I ever witness an incident or if there's something going on around the neighborhood that I find really suspicious, I would definitely go to the police and ask them to do some investigation regarding that.

May102014

I once saw a parked car with the right side window opened. I took a peek and noticed that the stereo was missing. I suspected that maybe a car burglar has forcibly opened the window and took the car stereo, I called the police right away to report the incident. A few minutes later, a man carrying what appears to be a plastic bag came in to the car, looked at the opened window and then carefully took out the contents from the plastic bag. To my surprised, he was putting back the car stereo then went on to the driver's side, opened the door of the car, put the keys, turn on the engine and went away. It turned out that the man is the owner of the car. I had to call the police right away and told them that it was a false alarm.

bala

Yes.i once complained a guy who had intentions to kidnap a girl,the girl being his very own relative.He was my college mate.i didn't report to the cops though but i approached my Dean who then sorted it out from there.
He was a close friend of us and he said the reason was he was treated badly by that girl,abused it seems for his actions.