Inmate down

Philosophydaddy

If that report of them tazing the guy while he was restrained in a chair is true, I don't care what color any of them are, they deserve to be dismissed and criminal charges need to be filed. Especially since the report says that there is a clearly written policy for when tazers may not be used. And I am sure, again if true, this is a clear violation of that policy. At the moment, I am glad that they have been let go while criminal charges are being considered. I don't think, however, that this should be about race. I think the narrative needs to be rewritten to include police violence against all people, including whites. I also think that socioeconomic status of the individuals who are killed at the hands of police needs to be revealed since that seems to be of greater consideration than race.

thegrey1

I don't care what color they are either. I agree that if punishment is warranted, it should be administered. I just found it odd that the inmate's race was mentioned exclusively. This is just another example of race-baiting by the media.

dyanmarie25

I don't care what color they are either. I agree that if punishment is warranted, it should be administered. I just found it odd that the inmate's race was mentioned exclusively. This is just another example of race-baiting by the media.

Yeah. I am also wondering why they had to include the color and race of that inmate. What is the media trying to say then? And yes, justice should be served accordingly.

Gabe

I do think people should stop falling for the media hype and ploy of reading about race or color. The more we take notice the media will play on it. It doesn't matter about race, if someone breaks the law they should be held accountable. The media doesn't help by picking out stories to report on in my opinion.

missbishi

Yeah. I am also wondering why they had to include the color and race of that inmate. What is the media trying to say then? And yes, justice should be served accordingly.

The media are just sensationalizing things to gat reavers/viewers, as per usual. I don't think skin color had anything to do with anything here - it was gross misconduct, no matter who they were doing it to.

Rainman

I question the media's motives. It's like they want to see more and more riots. And what would the ulteriormotive be? Bring the issue of racism to the fore or divide the nation along racial lines? It's time, the media stopped trying to stir up trouble. This sort of irresponsible journalism has got innocent police officers killed. After all if people get to believe it's "an us vs them" fight . . .

lushlala

Hmm I saw this story and thought I was the only one who found it odd that the story mentions the inmate's race, but says nothing about the colour of the officers! The media can be sneaky and sinister! I strongly believe that they play a very huge role in inciting hate and dividing communities with this modern day style of "reporting". It certainly doesn't help!

LongShot

The problem with all of these is when cops do something that is obviously wrong and would jail anybody else. The get off free of any repercussions and the public is left with nothing. People get tired of this happening and in the midst of this all you can have violence rise out of it. Sad thing is even with all the national news you will just hear more of this happening.

JoanMcWench

I'm not a huge fan of creating a dividing line between white cops & every other colour of cop. It seems the media circuit has decided to only cover cases where police abuse has racial differentiations & that's a dangerous thing to believe. I'm not saying it does not occur. Clearly it does. However, I'm saying other forms of abuse are not being covered & that's unfair to the people abused in those scenarios.