Interested in becoming a cop?

Rosyrain

When I was younger I dreamed of becoming a cop or a CSI investigator. The dream kind of got lost when we enter through the recession of 2008 and I ended up having to quit school a year later and focus on work. Now I have lost interest and want to become a writer. Are any of you interested in becoming a police officer?

Profit5500

I am sorry to hear that your dream got lost in the recession. Hope that things would really shine for you since you are becoming a writer.

Gabe

I never wanted to be a cop, but I used to help run events and a few times they were recruitment fairs for the police. People could have an interview and apply there and it was always busy. Several times they didn't have enough police personnel to interview people so they got some of us to do it. As an actor I got roped into doing it and didn't feel comfortable interviewing someone to join the academy when I had no clue, so I had to keep whispering things like ' What's affray?' to the person next to me. I was very conscious that a person's future lay in my hands as we either put them forward or not.

jeremy2

I used to have an interest when i was younger to the point of taking part in the recruitment process only to be turned down due to some red tape. They had some stringent requirements and even though i qualified in the initial stages, i was kicked out because of some missing information on my birth certificate. Never in my life have i ever felt so disappointed.

Onionman

I don't think that I've ever considered being a policeman. Even when I was a child, it was never on my radar. That said, I did once want to be a police profiler - someone that would put together the identity profile of someone that has committed a crime. I like the psychology behind fighting crime rather than crime fighting itself.

dyanmarie25

No. I don't think I'm suited for this job. I am way too clumsy, I can never outrun criminals, ;) and I'm a bit sympathetic. So if ever a criminal talks to me, and if he/she gives me sad reasons why he/she did those things, I might forgive that person. I have high regards for cops though.

Profit5500

I used to have an interest when i was younger to the point of taking part in the recruitment process only to be turned down due to some red tape. They had some stringent requirements and even though i qualified in the initial stages, i was kicked out because of some missing information on my birth certificate. Never in my life have i ever felt so disappointed.
That sucked why could they have let you in even without some of those pieces on the birth certificate? Did you still wanted to be a police officer? I too would be disappointed if I had been turned down for missing parts on a birth certificate.

missbishi

I've never wanted to become a cop. I don't envy them at all, they do a thankless job, they have to work long shifts, unsocial hours and the pay isn't that great. It's the knd of job which could easily take over your life. Thankfully, there are plenty of people who are willing to join.

OGRICHBOI

When I was a kid, I always wrote "cop" on those little sheets of paper asking me what I wanted to be when I grew older. Although that dream may have slipped from my hands, I still respect those who have stuck with their goal and accomplished it. Being a cop takes a lot of hard work and perseverance.

Profit5500

When I was a kid, I always wrote "cop" on those little sheets of paper asking me what I wanted to be when I grew older. Although that dream may have slipped from my hands, I still respect those who have stuck with their goal and accomplished it. Being a cop takes a lot of hard work and perseverance.
Being a cop is a stressful and tough job to do. The pay is lousy unless you are the chief of police. A cop is not an easy job to live with since you can lose your life.

jesuslover0314

I have always wanted to become a cop because I have always enjoyed helping people and saving them from any kind of dangers. I understand that I could risk my life trying to save someone else but I believe it's worth it.

GlacialDoom

Nah, I never was interested in becoming a police officer, and I never will be. Firstly, because I hate corruption, and I think that if I would join the force, I would definitely succumb to the corruption. Also, while I like what their goal is, I think I'd be better off only watching them work, instead of doing their work.

JoanMcWench

There was a time I flirted with the idea. It was a short while thanks to things that were out of my control. I've always felt capable of handling the responsibility responsibly. It would have been a job I was quite good at.

bala

Becoming a cop still is a passion i hold,but have refrained from showing any interest because it is all dirty politics here.I respect the profession but it shouldn't be "politics" that decides the next course of action.