January 2015 Top Contributor Monthly Contest

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Our Monthly Contest for January 2015 has begun. The person who contributes the most to PoliceStation.com will receive a $100.00 gift certificate from one of our sponsors. All you have to do is add to the conversation. The more you contribute the better your chance of wining.

You can see who is in the lead by visiting http://www.policestation.com/vbactivity.php?do=contests

You can see a list of contest rules at: http://www.policestation.com/contestrules.php

Note: Posts to the "Meet and Greet" forum do not count towards your total contribution count.

The moderators of this board reserve the right to void posts made simply for the purpose of adding to your post count rather than adding to the discussions.

Peachdejour

I was going to say this could turn out to be a very bad thing once people start adding crackpot answers to bring up their count until I saw your last sentence. Looks like you've covered all of you bases! I'm excited!

LitoLawless

This is pretty cool. I feel as though I'm a pretty consistent contributor to the forum, so hopefully I'll have that gift certificate in my hands by February.

Peninha

Pretty awesome, I have just now noticed this, so I am going to jump in to see if I can cash in the prize. Thank you!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Great idea! I was just checking this link http://www.policestation.com/vbactivity.php?do=contests - See more at: http://www.policestation.com/monthl...op-contributor-monthly-contest.html#post16800 and all that comes up is the person who is leading, can't you put a top 10 or 20 so that we can see where we stand?
Hello Gelsemium, I have asked the owner of the site to have the programer add your request. I agree it would be nice to be able to show where people stand. I have also notified him they need to remove Administrators from the contest totals, they cannot win so they should not show up in the counts.

Thank You
Tony

Gelsemium

Thank you Tony, I think that if people see where they are standing they might make a effort to go for the win. :)

Peninha

Good suggestion there Gelsemium, I am seeing that four people are already appearing, sadly I am not there lol. I need to work further! :)

Kittyworker

Such a great idea to promote contribution to the forum! Props to Sarg Bainsworth and the sponsors for making this possible. Hopefully there is more contents to come? :)

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Holy moly! Is it too late for me to try this? Wish I had joined this forum before!

Hello Calicer1996, It is never to late to join in on the contest. This contest is going to be run on a monthly basis so if you don't win this month you still have an chance in future months. We are going to be adding more prizes in the future also so there will be multiple winners each month.

bala

Is there a way where i can know how many points i have accumulated over the month.it should spur me on to get more if the gap is very less..

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Is there a way where i can know how many points i have accumulated over the month.it should spur me on to get more if the gap is very less..

Hello Bala,

Unfortunately at this time we are not able to show what each persons total is on a day by day basis. When we start adding more prizes we will then be able to expand the leader board list. We are going to be adding additional prizes either February or March of this year.

bala

Hello Bala,

Unfortunately at this time we are not able to show what each persons total is on a day by day basis. When we start adding more prizes we will then be able to expand the leader board list. We are going to be adding additional prizes either February or March of this year.
Thanks mate,but on what basis are these points given..?
Based on number of posts right..?
or is it the one under our profile
Something like this..?
vBActivity - Stats Points898Level10

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks mate,but on what basis are these points given..?
Based on number of posts right..?
or is it the one under our profile
Something like this..?
vBActivity - Stats Points898Level10

Hello Bala,

They are given based on post count only for the month of January 2015. There are 3 categories who's posts do not count towards this contest. You can see the excluded forums and excluded criteria on http://www.policestation.com/vbactivity.php?do=contests

calicer1996

Hello Calicer1996, It is never to late to join in on the contest. This contest is going to be run on a monthly basis so if you don't win this month you still have an chance in future months. We are going to be adding more prizes in the future also so there will be multiple winners each month.
Ohk! Thanks for the information. I'll be ready for February! See you guys at the top.

laurelbell85

I must say, this is pretty cool! I have been away for a month or so because work was super busy and then I'm in law school so I'm even busier on that front. Thanks for offering these cool contests and such! It's a way to give back to your participants! Have a great day everyone!!

jeremy2

I don't want to sound naive but can one redeem the prize for cash and have it sent on one's PayPal account?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I don't want to sound naive but can one redeem the prize for cash and have it sent on one's PayPal account?
Hello Jeremy2,

Yes you can, the cash value is around $60.00. The amount is determined by the sponsor for the month.

laurelbell85

Question: Is this going to be a contest that happens every month, or is this a contest that is a limited run? Just wondering! Thanks for all you guys do :)