Jersey Couple Protecting Daughter Beaten By Pack Of Girls

Rainman

Not exactly what you'd expect but . . .

A group of girls who wanted to beat up a girl they had an ongoing dispute with, thought they'd found the right person when they saw her younger sister. The group charged over and the girls parents as any parent would, stepped in to help. They thought they'd get the girl to safety. The girls pissed off that their "prey" had got away decided to teach the parents of the girls a lesson.

NJ.com

the group of youths attacked the couple. After the man went over the rail, members of the group continued to assault him, the video showed.

The man tried to flee, but the assault continued on the other side of the street, just out of view of the camera.

Quite brutal. But no arrests have been made yet.

lushlala

There used to be a time when children of all ages respected and even feared their elders. What is the world coming to? Those girls sound like scrappy little sods, I mean animals really! Where do they get the guts to attack an adult couple?! Plus why did they think it would be a fair fight to gang up on one girl? The world is becoming a very scary place to be! That incident could have very easily turned tragic.

Gabe

It's sad that kids and the youth of today have no respect for anything. I have seen young children being abusive and attack adults and they are so brazen. These minors need to be punished and made an example of. I hope their own parents are ashamed. They all need to be named and it may serve as a deterrent to others.

thegrey1

It would be appropriate for the parents to be ashamed, wouldn't it? Somehow I doubt they will be! I suspect, from past experience, that the girls' parents will :
A. Say they don't understand why their sweet girls would do something like this, claiming they must have been provoked, or B. Swear they've never been able to control their homicidal little brats! Ashamed? I really doubt it. That word does not exist for some people!

Philosophydaddy

This is disgusting. The parents of those girls should be ashamed that they raised such vicious, violent children. I don't understand the mentality for offensive violence that seems to permeate today's youth. Even in my generation there are plenty of people who talk loudly about how they would kick someone's ass if they looked at them wrong. These girls seem to fit that kind of mental mindset. Now I can understand the use of violence when one feels threatened or in self-defense, but I don't understand this. I understand that attacking the parents could have been a, in-the-heat-of-the-moment type thing but they continued after the man tried to run away. To me, this would suggest that either all of the girls are sociopaths or the leader of the group is and the others are merely following her lead.

Rainman

We can't entirely blame the parents for their kids actions. Teenagers are rebellious and are more likely to do as their friends do rather so they can hang out with the "cool kids." But the culture of violence amongst young people is an issue which must be addressed. Last year there were reports that a group of teenagers attacked people in a restaurant . . . just because they felt like it. Punishing those responsible for the violence would be more of a deterrent I believe.

dyanmarie25

What has happened to the world? This group of girls didn't even have respect for the elders anymore. I really pity the society I am living in today. I am dreading what the future will be when youngsters become even more brutal.

lushlala

I totally agree with thegrey1 and Philosophydaddy. These parents will almost certainly be they types who don't know the meaning of the word shame. You'll probably find that they're exactly the same if not worse than their children, the types of parents who will defend their children's behaviour and even support it. I have seen it with my own eyes. They're usually very irrational people with whom you can't reason! So from that standpoint, i strongly believe they have to be held accountable for raising such vicious and horrible children.