Joshua Manuel Lopez charged with the murder of Elmendorf Police Chief Michael Pimentel

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Joshua-Manuel-Lopez .jpg
Chief Michael Pimentel was shot and killed while attempting to serve a misdemeanor warrant for graffiti. Chief Pimentel was shot in the shoulder and abdomen. He was transported to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Joshoua Lopez now faces charges of capital murder of a police officer. According to Bexar County Sheriff Susan Pamerleau, Lopez had "some kind of history" with the Elmendorf Police.

Pamerleau said Pimentel had requested another officer provide cover before he confronted the suspects vehicle but the shooting occurred prior to the additional officer arriving. Joshua Lopez was taken into custody without incidence.

The 60-year-old Pimentel had been chief of Elmendorf for about 18 months, she said. The town has around 1,500 residents and is about 25 miles southeast of San Antonio.

Attachments

• Joshua-Manuel-Lopez .jpg
    Joshua-Manuel-Lopez .jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 145
Last edited by a moderator:

cpefley

Re: Article: Joshua Manuel Lopez charged with the murder of Elmendorf Police Chief Mi

That is so incredibly sad! I hope that justice is served and Lopez goes to prison for a long time!! I don't understand how it is so easy for some people to take another person's life.

Strykstar

Hopefully justice is served, this is nothing less than capital murder.
It is imperative that our officers are equipped with bulletproof equipment and also that they are always traveling in pair so that these situations don't occur.

Muthoni

Some people live with so much anger that they react when least expected. It is so unfortunate that this officer was killed while he went about his business. No punishment given to the offender can bring him back to life. So sad for the family left behind; I hope that they find peace as they bid farewell to their beloved.

urbanletter

Such a shame the chief died in the line of duty serving a warrant for graffiti. I can't imagine what would make this guy go from having a misdemeanor, to getting charged with a capital crime. Now he sure will face the death penalty.

Peninha

My question here is, why? A misdemeanor warrant for graffiti? What was the killer thinking??

Gelsemium

Pretty crazy, these sort of crimes usually happens under the influence of drugs, I see no reason to commit a murder on such a warrant.