Jury Finds Fitch Guilty Of Murder In Officer Patrick’s Death

Onthemark

attachment.php

A Minnesota jury has convicted the man accused of shooting and killing Mendota Heights police officer Scott Patrick during a traffic stop in West St. Paul last summer.

After more than 10 hours of deliberation, the jury of five women and seven men found Brian Fitch Sr. guilty of first-degree murder in the shooting death of Mendota Heights Officer Scott Patrick.

He was also found guilty of three counts each of attempted first-degree murder and second-degree assault and two weapons charges stemming from a shootout with police officers during his arrest in St. Paul later that same day.

“We would hope that Brian Fitch would someday find remorse and find accountability. That might be his only chance to find his own soul,†Officer Patrick’s brother, Mike Brue, said.

Fitch faces a mandatory sentence of life in prison. He will be sentenced at 9 a.m. Wednesday.

[video=youtube_share;WIvi2-LD1fQ]http://youtu.be/WIvi2-LD1fQ[/video]

Attachments

• Fitchfoundguilty.jpg
    Fitchfoundguilty.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 2,396
Last edited by a moderator:

Allison2021

I know Minnesota does not have the death penalty. However, I hope Fitch never ever gets out of prison.
Also, I hope that he works in prison for wages. Then, I pray that his wages goes to the family of Officer Scott Patrick.

Gelsemium

I am not sorry that they don't have the death penalty because I am against it, but I do agree with you regarding the life in jail sentence, I hope they can get that.

westmixxin

I always sad when ah actual good cop dies I find it so cruel. Maybe thats why police should always be in pairs it’s just ah good idea.

Strykstar

Does anyone know what his actual sentence was? Hopefully he got life in prison, doesn't deserve anything less.