Kidnap killers dad nearly pulled same crime

Anthony

Super Moderator
A woman said the father of the man who kidnapped a 16-year-old San Diego girl last week tried to kidnap her 24 years ago. James Lee DiMaggio was killed by an FBI agent Saturday after kidnapping Hannah Anderson, the teen daughter of a family friend, and being suspected of killing her mom and brother last week.
“When I saw his name and picture, I instantly knew it was him,†a woman told reporters. “My heart stopped for a second.†After breaking up with her mom, the woman said, James Everett DiMaggio professed his love for her, then 16.
The elder DiMaggio went into her house with handcuffs and a shotgun and confronted the girl, her boyfriend and brother however she managed to get away and he was later arrested.
“I asked him not to kill us, and he said, ‘Don’t worry you won’t feel a thing,’ †the woman said. “It was almost a déjà vu,†the woman said of last week’s murders, kidnapping and manhunt. “It was weird.â€â€œHe loved Little E and he loved my daughter,†Britt said yesterday. “For him to do such a horrific act, it’s just not fathomable because he loved them too.â€
The woman said she is shocked to see the father and son act the same way.
“I don’t believe that you’re born this way, but really to follow such a path as your father,†she said.
James Everett DiMaggio died from a drug-induced suicide on August 10, 1995.