Large Search for Jenise Wright in WA

Kate

I have been hearing the story of Jenise Wright on the news for a few days now. I know that at least fifteen law enforcement agencies and many officers are searching for her and the search is expanding today.

If anyone on the forum here is in the area and helping with the search, I hope she's soon found alive and well. These stories are always so difficult to listen to.

The missing girl is 6 and has been missing since Saturday. :( That's part of the thing that bothers me about this... she wasn't reported missing until Sunday night. This *can't* be common, can it? Maybe with a teenager parents would wait to see if they return, but a 6 year old?! I hope this turns out well for this little one.

ItsZiggy

If I had a child that young and I hadn't seen her in longer than 10 minutes I would've started to panic, I can't imagine why they would've waited an entire day. But I also hope she's found very soon

bala

Who would even let a 6 yr old go by herself.Anyone calling themselves parents and lets their innocent little child walk alone on the streets for hours has no clue where she is or is sleeping that night should be Shot Dead or the more feasible option..book them for gross negligence..!!

Kate

Who would even let a 6 yr old go by herself.Anyone calling themselves parents and lets their innocent little child walk alone on the streets for hours has no clue where she is or is sleeping that night should be Shot Dead or the more feasible option..book them for gross negligence..!!

I agree that finding a child missing in the morning and assuming she "went outside to play" and not reporting it until dinnertime is... well, there's just no words for it...

There's more background coming out now... primarily about the dad's past police record. I won't say more to be fair, but I'm not liking the sound of it.

But... I think "shooting a parent dead" for being a lousy parent may be a tad harsh there, bala! ;)

Kate

Sad and tragic update to this story. Jenise's body was found yesterday and an autopsy is going to be done today. The police department is saying that it wasn't an accident and that it will definitely be a criminal investigation.

I am so upset to know that parents *anywhere* under any circumstances would wake up Sunday morning to find a 6 year old MISSING and assume she "went out to play" and not report it until dinnertime. I can't fathom it. And neighbors have been quoted as saying they have allowed her to roam around on her own since she was THREE. It's beyond any intelligent understanding.

Determined2014

They kind of waited too long to report it, they should have reported it early, but all in all I do wish that they find her alive and safe.

Kate

Since I started this thread, I guess it would be a good idea to bring closure to it... and it is a very sad closure.

A short time after Jenise's body was found, a teen boy that lived very close to the family was arrested for her murder. It's an extremely sad case on more than one level. He had been a family friend and was trusted... stories like this make us start to think it's very hard to trust anyone at all anymore, don't they? :(