Love and Hate

dariel2323

Sometimes there is a fine line between love and hate. Have you ever heard this saying before and not known what it actually means?
I finally got the meaning of this and it comes from relationships that linger badly for too long. You love someone and end up almost hating them and it was because you loved them that you hate them later.
Sad but true and I think there is nothing worse than being hated.

Onionman

I think I know where you are coming from. It's more than "mixed emotions". A friend of mine was once discussing an ex-girlfriend of his. He said that he still loved her but really didn't like. I'm not sure whether it was because he thought that she wasn't a very nice person or whether she had done something to him. You can't really rationalize love, unfortunately.

Patrick

I daresay such an emotion springs from one-sided love most of the time. When you love someone dearly but your feelings are not reciprocated, or worse, downright rejected, it can easily degenerate into hate for the person, for doing such an unwarranted thing (in your opinion).

calebmelvern

Not sure if I get your drift, but I kind of experienced something similar. When I broke up with my second girl friend, I was surprised to hear some of my friends tell me that I finally made the right decision. At first, I was like "Why?!" It was only then that I realized that I loved her too much and gave her almost all my time that other areas of my life suffered. Well, if this is what you mean, then I'm with you.

DancingLady

I think that has a lot to do with what the desire is based on. Lust is a passion, and that kind of "love" can turn to hate in a second. It is just a passion that has nothing to support it relationally. If that is the kind of desire that brings two people together, it can fall apart into hate really easily if they don't build a real relationship.

shilpa123

I had never thought about love and hate in such manner. I think I came to know the true meaning of it after reading your posts. I have experienced it quite a few times in my life but most of the time I do not bother to notice it. It is a feeling that just comes and goes. But next time I am sure I will actually recognize the feeling.

Josie

Love is love.. there is no hate involved. When you're hating someone, you aren't loving them.. even if it's just in the moment. Love is pure and unconditional, I do not believe in that saying.

Rainman

What I know is while you can hate people you hardly know, if someone you loved betrayed then you'll hate that person more than those you previously hated because you at least have a good reason to hate them and there are those soul-ties yet to broken which still bind you together making the betrayal sting even more.

Gabe

Both are very strong words and emotions. I don't really love or hate anyone right now, I have done, but then let it go because those emotions can consume you and affect how you react and behave. I've learned to shut off, because it suits me, though I've never been a particularly emotional person. I have had those emotions, but knowing how to control them and not them you is the trick.

shilpa123

I think love and hate are two different things and i do believe one should be careful about what they say to others. I think the two concepts should not be mixed.

dyanmarie25

I currently both love and hate someone. I love him, but I hate him as well. We had this kind of a "mutual understanding" before but he went to another country and we have parted ways, but I still love him. I think I have loved him more than what I have intended to do, and I hate him for leaving me.

oraclemay

I do believe that the fine line between love and hate speaks of when this line is crossed. When you love someone and they betray you, in a moment that love you feel can turn to hate. You will have crossed the line.

This can happen when someone you never thought would betray you, someone you were devoted to or you trusted with your life betrayed you in the worst possible way. Whatever the deed is they have committed against you, it is so bad that it cannot be repaired and the harm done to you or your reputation is unforgivable.

JoanMcWench

Initial sickeningly sweet love when you meet someone so much so it alters your behaviour & emotional outlook is something most people end up growing out of. Either the love that you initially felt evolves into a progressive adult love or it devolves into animosity & regret. Very complicated which way the wind blows & what blows you there. We all want to be a part of the adult love but I feel like more of us have felt the latter.

Josie

I've experienced what everyone says is a fine line before and it's still not love. There is a very distinct line, in fact lol. Define love. That definition never changes. Love is love. Once someone hurts you, the definition doesn't change, your feelings do. There may still be affection in there somewhere behind the seething and you may love them when you get over it, but while you are hating them, you are not loving them. Even when you're fighting with leaving because you love them so much. You just know you'll love them when you stop hating them lol. When you've been betrayed, that love hate feeling is something entirely different.. there should be a word for that, because it's not straight up love. Literally. There is no fine line. Love is love.

bala

Lolz..These many instances and people feeling for lost love..?
keep it simple next time fellas.never over shower your love on someone,you never know when it might just break off.In a relationship,just give it a thought before doing "any action'..

kana_marie

Banned
Sometimes there is a fine line between love and hate. Have you ever heard this saying before and not known what it actually means?
I finally got the meaning of this and it comes from relationships that linger badly for too long. You love someone and end up almost hating them and it was because you loved them that you hate them later.
Sad but true and I think there is nothing worse than being hated.
So true!! I don't think people are capable of a certain degree of hate unless they love them first. The emotions that love can ignite are amplified by SO much when you care so much about someone. Eventually, if you hate them it's still going to be that same degree of emotion.

CiCiJackson

I love it when I get to hear other people's opinions of life in general, because I think it helps me to know my thoughts are sane. I find myself agreeing with the idea that there is truly a thin line between love and hate. I find that hate could not exist without love and when I think about this topic, I can't help but to think of how clever the title, "A Thin Line Between Love And Hate" is. They say that hate is a very strong word to use and I think it's because love is the strongest, purest emotion that we can ever feel, so hate would have to be one of the lowest forms of emotion. I have found myself very conflicted with how easy hate can arise in my heart, usually I don't really mean to hate, but hate has a way of rearing it's ugly head when love is present. A broken heart could cause me to hate who broke my heart, for a moment or two. I want to believe that this state of mind is natural, so long as it does not become nurtured by negative thinking.

thegrey1

I had a friend who said, "Once the hate in a broken relationship is gone, the love will be gone as well." He was right, because both are very strong emotions, and sometimes the flip sides of a coin. When one side is gone, so is the other.