Man Accused Of Stealing Steaks From Walmart On Scooter

Anthony

Super Moderator
RodneyFowler.jpg
The purported burglary of five rib-eye steaks took place Tuesday afternoon at Wal-Mart in Spartanburg, South Carolina.
The 350-pound man, who stands 5-foot-5, was arrested after he was discovered sitting atop five stolen rib eye steaks on the seat of a motorized scooter that he was riding around the store.
The alleged thief, Rodney Fowler, 43, was spotted placing the steaks in his scooter by a Walmart loss prevention officer.
The prevention officer told police "she observed a white male select 5 pieces of rib-eye steak and place them in the seat of a motorized handicapped scooter that he was riding around the store," according to the police report.
“Suspect sat on the steaks and exited the store passing all points of sale, without attempting to pay for said merchandise,†police wrote.
Because of his size, Fowler had to be handcuffed with two pairs of cuffs, according to the police report.
He was charged with shoplifting. He was transported to Spartanburg County Jail. A few hours later he was released without bond.

Last edited by a moderator:

pattycake

Braaaaaagh!!!!!! LOL! That's a funny story. I hope he has learned his lesson though. Shoplifting is a great risk that's just not worth getting caught. And I think that store security is a lot more advanced now than it was in the past, and shoplifting wasn't easy even then. I know so many people who got busted doing it, and I myself got busted once when I was a kid. I attempted to shoplift once, got busted, and learned my lesson and never tried it again, because the item wasn't worth it.

So I hope that this guy has learned his lesson too.

SF13

Seriously, I don't usually make fat jokes but.. are they sure there were not six steaks and one of them got LOST INN SPAAAAAAACE!!!

Man, this is almost as bad as that one woman I saw tried to hide a turkey between her thighs and duck walk out of Walmart.

Allison2021

I am still laughing!
What can you say? He tried to run away on a scooter? He was released without bond. Where can he hide? I'll bet he is so ashamed of himself. His entire town knows what he has done.

dolittle94

This story is just funny and sad. You have this obese man probably on one of the store's motorized scooters, sitting on five rib eye steaks and trying to make a get away like it's nothing. One, I find the whole situation hilarious due to the circumstances; the only thing that would make it even funnier is if he tried to hide the steaks in his rolls!

pattycake

Yeah, the poor guy was starving to he stole 5 steaks haha, what a funny situation! :)

Oh come on... He was starving? I don't think so. :rolleyes:

Some people just think they can get away with stealing. And he apparently thinks that steak is too expensive to pay for. Whose to say that he hasn't lots of chicken at home in the freezer? And he just wanted some steak and figured he'd pick some up without paying for it at Walmart?

Sweetheart

Maybe the shoplifting fits him, but how does he get on a scooter? Oh he put the steak on the scooter, Lol. He sat on the steaks on the scooter. I am not even sure I can comment on this. They must have gotten this on the Wal-mart cameras. Can't we see that?