Man Allegedly Set Wife on Fire

Onthemark

attachment.php

Authorities in Ventura County, California are searching for thirty-one-year-old Juan Soria Hernandez. They say he allegedly covered his wife in gasoline and then set her on fire in front of their three young children.

Police and firefighters responded to a 911 call to the 11800 block of Broadway Road around 3:55 a.m. Monday after the wife reported that her husband tried to set her on fire.

When firefighters arrived to the scene, the victim who was severely burned was found outside the home. Officials say at the same time there was a fire burning in the bathroom of the house. The victim was transported to the hospital and later taken to a burn center.

Neighbors were shocked and understandably upset when they heard about the incident. “It’s just kind of shocking, hearing that,†said neighbor Alejandro Magdalena. “Honestly, hearing that someone poured gas onto his woman. That’s just wrong.â€

"We see them driving by all the time on their four-wheeler and go-carts." "They always seemed like a happy family. It's just really weird," said neighbor Becky Moore said.

Juan Soria Hernandez is described as a 5 foot 7 inch Hispanic man weighing 200 pounds. They believe he is driving a white Ford F250 pickup truck that has a white tool box and fuel tank in the bed.

"Hernandez is considered armed and dangerous because he has access to handguns," said Ventura County Sheriff's Sgt. Denise Silva.

According to sheriff’s officials, the children, all under the age of 7 are now being cared for at a safe location.

Attachments

• setwifeonfire.jpg
    setwifeonfire.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 336
Last edited by a moderator:

Sweetheart

A few things come to mind with this one. He is a very jealous man. Family is very important in the Hispanic culture. I have heard stories like this before. His action is symbolic, to do this in front of the children. Something she did or he thinks she did. He lost his temper. It is just a very low mentality and rage. They always seemed so happy the neighbor said. This doesn't amount to anything when one of those happy people is as twisted as this.

Muthoni

It is very sad when the person supposed to protect you becomes the enemy. I am sure that this woman did not see it coming. Burning her in front of the children is the most inhuman thing because it traumatizes these kids for life. Something must have snapped in him for him to do this to the mother of his kids.

Onionman

To commit the crime is one thing, and that's shocking. But to do it in front of your children is pretty unforgivable. They are going to be scarred for life after that. When he does eventually make it out of jail, and you would expect him to go to jail, I can't see his kids wanting anything to do with him.

warmweatherwoman

Why is everyone on the run for a heinous crime in a white ford truck??? :cool: But seriously- if he can set his own wife on fire he needs to be locked away!

Peninha

For sure, what a devious mind to be doing something as evil as this, he wanted her to suffer.

missbishi

A terrible crime anyway but doing it in front of the kids is something else altogether. I hope he goes to jail for a long time and that the poor woman and her children can begin to rebuild their lives in time.

oraclemay

The sooner this guy is caught and locked away, the better! He is a menace to society. How can he do such a thing to his wife and especially his children? I certainly hope she never allows him near her again. He will kill her or someone else if he is allowed to be free.

jeremy2

Cases of domestic violence are indeed on the rise.In most cases,it's the children who suffer the most when they witness such brutality being meted out on their parents.They often develop psychological scar which might take time to heal.

mairj23

A lot of these pad cases like this involving women are brought on by the women themselves. Stop choosing these types of guys and that would stop must of the nonsense going on. He was wrong for what he did and I hope he gets charged with attempted murder for this.