Man Allegedly Shoots At Two Officers

Anthony

Super Moderator
attachment.php

A twenty-three-year-old man accused of shooting at two San Francisco Bay Area officers was arrested after a manhunt that lasted for more than seven hours in a small neighborhood.

Authorities said they arrested Ivan DeJesus Gomez on suspicion of attempted murder after searching throughout Thursday morning.

The incident started around 3 a.m. when the two officers were responding to a report of gunshots. While searching the neighborhood, someone opened fire on the officers. The officers shot back and the shooter took off.

After an extensive search, police found Gomez hiding close to the location of the shooting incident. Police say when they caught Gomez that he didn't have the gun on him. However, authorities later received information that led to the recovery of the gun they believe Gomez used to shoot at the officers.

Officials say neither Gomez nor the two officers were injured.

Attachments

• IvanGomez.jpg
    IvanGomez.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 486
Last edited by a moderator:

Sweetheart

Allegedly is what they are saying. This one is kind of vague. I wonder the circumstance of where the cops were and where he was. Over seven hours of trying to catch him? Can't tell what this is all about.

Onionman

I guess it comes with terrain, but getting shot at in the line of duty doesn't sound great. Who knows what the real story was behind all of this. Either way, it's always good to have one less gun on the streets.

Gelsemium

The good news is that he failed, the bad news is that cops keep being attacked and I hope this comes to an end soon.

pattycake

Anybody notice how it's a whole different climate when it comes to the police and non blacks? If a black man does something as minor as sell loose cigarettes from of his own pack, people proclaim that as justification for he being killed in a chokehold? The whole argument becomes breaking the law? But when somebody non black shoots at the police, it's no big deal and that person is sort to be arrested and not killed on the spot?

oraclemay

I have to say again that it is dangerous for cops to be out there! There was a time when no0ne would think of shooting, let alone attacking the cops.