Man Attempts To Run Over Police Officers

Onthemark

attachment.php

A 24-year-old Pennsylvania man driving towards the Holland Tunnel crashed into two vehicles and a Port Authority Police car. Police say the incident happened around 8 p.m. Wednesday night.

Matthew Cash, who was driving a grey Audi with Pennsylvania plates made his way into a restricted fire lane close to the entrance of the tunnel, almost hitting two Port Authority officers.

Cash slammed his vehicle into a police car that was parked in the fire lane. There was no officers inside the patrol car that was struck, however one of the officers who was near the vehicle jumped out of the way at the last second.

The suspect then jumped out of his car and allegedly yelled that he was high on PCP and "wanted to take out a police officer," according to a police source. He allegedly kept screaming that he wanted to kill a police officer. "I want to take out as many as I can," he said, according to sources.

The suspect, who was tackled by the officers did not give up that easily. As he struggled with the officers, he was heard yelling: "I want to kill cops."

After police handcuffed Cash, they transported him to Bellevue Hospital for a psychiatric evaluation.

"He was putting up a fight," said witness Michael Rosselli. "They had to get him into the cruiser, added Rosselli. "He was kicking at the window trying to get out. They had medics on standby."

Inside his grey Audi, police found synthetic marijuana. Police interviewed the woman who was traveling with Cash during the incident. She told officers Cash received a phone call that upset him just before he snapped and crashed into the police car.

He is being charged with making terroristic threats, attempted aggravated assault, and reckless driving.

More details are expected to be released as the story develops.

Attachments

• hollandtunnel.jpg
    hollandtunnel.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 350
Last edited by a moderator:

warmweatherwoman

Boy that PCP will have folks doing some strange things...I guess this is why they want these type of things considered hate crimes??

Peninha

Criminals and especially drug addicts fear jail so they make a run for their lives. The problem is that they usually make their problem even bigger.

Gelsemium

Directly from the streets to Bellevue Hospital, I wonder if he's not just acting crazy to escape jail.

Onionman

It makes you wonder whether we're in a new era of targeting the police. Maybe it's a copy cat issue, maybe we're only hearing about it more because of what has happened in the recent news. Either way, it's not a positive trend.

missbishi

I have heard bad things about synthetic marijuana. It is full of all kinds of chemical nasties - stuff you'd usually use to clean the house with so there's no surprise he went crazy.

Muthoni

It is so sad that people do not learn from the stories of others. Drugs inhibit the thinking capacity of anyone who abuses them. He made a very stupid move that has made him have a long list of criminal offenses. He did not do himself a favor by threatening the police in their faces. I wonder why the woman traveling with him did not make him see sense. Or maybe she had smoked marijuana with him.