Man Charged With Murder In Death Of Grandfather

Anthony

Super Moderator
Oakley-Jeffery-Miller.jpg
A 19-year-old man was arrested Friday and charged with shooting his 73-year-old grandfather to death.
Oakley Jeffery Miller, 19, was arrested at the scene and charged with killing his grandfather, Donald Gonnelly.
Police were called to the home around 10:30 Thursday night. They found Gonnelly on the couch, with numerous gunshot wounds to his head and face.
Police said when they began questioning Miller, he originally told them he was out for the day and when he came home he found the body.
He also said he found the doors open, with the house ransacked and some of the electronics missing.
Authorities later determined Miller was responsible for the murder of his grandfather. He was booked into the Orange County Jail without bond Friday morning.
Neighbors said they were shocked by the news. "I'm very surprised. I mean, in a way it's like a shock," said neighbor Brenda Hunt.
"He's always walking the roads and he's just, there's something not right with him. I just had that feeling inside," added Hunt.
Authorities said they were not releasing any more information or discussing the motive behind the shooting at this time.

Attachments

• OakleyJefferyMiller.jpg
    OakleyJefferyMiller.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 297
Last edited by a moderator:

dolittle94

It seems to me that there have been an excessive amount of family members killing off other family members. I know that sometimes, family can be a pain in the neck and then some at times, but that doesn't mean we shoot up our relatives in the face. You're supposed to go to therapy or just ignore the problems like every other family in America.

Peninha

You have a point there, in many cases blood doesn't necessarily means love, even so I am sure some connection existed between the two.

shandrum

Love or not, that is not a reason to kill someone. I don't know the circumstances of this boy's home life or relationship with his family, much less that of his grandfather. Hopefully, the true facts will come out in his trail and justice will be rightfully served. It's highly likely that this boy has destroyed his own life and will reap the consequences of his actions behind bars.

pattycake

Love or not, that is not a reason to kill someone. I don't know the circumstances of this boy's home life or relationship with his family, much less that of his grandfather. Hopefully, the true facts will come out in his trail and justice will be rightfully served. It's highly likely that this boy has destroyed his own life and will reap the consequences of his actions behind bars.

I'm not taking up for the guy. I just see that there's a connection between attacks on parents by their children or grandchildren. Even in the bible it says parents will be against children and children will be against parents. So there's a connection there. It's not just a simple matter of a crime committed, but something unknown about nature and our link to it to be learned.