Man jailed for being a good samaritan.

Situations like this are exactly why a lot of people don't stop and do the right thing when someone else is in trouble. They are often afraid that they are going to get pulled into the situation and somehow get into trouble. It is just sad. There have been people who have stopped to help someone who was injured and ended up getting sued over it. But things like this do not phase me. If I see someone in trouble, I am going to stop and help, plain and simple.

stevesxs9

Given the nature of a Police Officer's job and the violence they may encounter on a daily basis, I don't believe you'll see any changes in their methods. I am sympathetic to his plight, however situations like this happens over and over again and nobody has a solution.

Ricardo187

Well, such situations happen as a police officer can't look at someone and know who he is, what his reaction will be and whether he's right or wrong. He has to do an approach and he'll do it as safely as he could for himself and the possible suspect as well.

askanison

No it is pretty plain to see that these guys were just walking along and not involved in the accident. It seems they found some cops with attitude and just weren't smart enough to keep walking when the officers arrived and took over.

bala

This is a bad example to let anyone know that being a Samaritan is a great thing.I am enraged about what happened to that guy and he at least deserved a questioning or a formal investigation.F**k those cops who did it.
I can't help,but feel sorry for him..!!
The world isn't a good place anymore for doing good deeds

True2marie

Wow.

I can't figure out what the police officers could have been thinking from the description of the event. They just really got him all wrong.

Hopefully, this incident was an eye opener and the police officers involved got a lot more education on when to identify a criminal act.

PhilA

That was an interesting story, I found this statement a bit chilling;

'' you find yourself naked, in solitary confinement, in a wretched, feces-stained prison.''

It's hard to tell exactly what happened from just his side of the story, but certainly looks like over-reaction.

Muthoni

Isn’t it a funny world we are living in? Being arrested for doing the right thing? I read this story; it sounded like fiction; if this did actually happen, he deserves to be compensated for his pain. I would also like to hear the other side of the story. I hope that the truth comes to light.

bala

Isn’t it a funny world we are living in? Being arrested for doing the right thing? I read this story; it sounded like fiction; if this did actually happen, he deserves to be compensated for his pain. I would also like to hear the other side of the story. I hope that the truth comes to light.
Do you really think he would have been involved in any of those series of incidents that might have happened..?? because the police having arrested him without any reason proves just that...Also,he could have been a most wanted criminal but just one who resorted to samaritan works..:p :p
I ma dreaming..am i not..??

dariel2323

Perhaps it was for safety. I imagine that the man will be well questioned and then he will be released. It is a pity for the boy, but life is tough sometimes. I hope that the man be released, if he is truly innocent.

oraclemay

This type of incident is unacceptable. The police are there to protect members of society, not abuse their powers. They should have checked out all the facts first. You cannot arrest someone without a really good reason. Another system that should be looked into. I do hope that the police who did this have some consequences!

Whitewolf2578

Lol that is funny. I mean I have heard from friends that the SFPD is messed up like that, that is why no one wants to work for them. Huuuuge turnover rate. I mean they are all like "Dirty Hairy" Cops. I would have just had the girl who wrecked her bike call 911 in the first place and yes situations like this are exactly why people don't help others. And yeah, those cops are going to be out of a job in no time. Like he said super power lawsuits right there.

wulfman

I hope this happens to me . LMAO. Like hitting the jackpot. He will get something out of it trust me. Its America.

KrustyKrabella

That was a great article. It is absolutely crazy how events unfolded and led him to being naked in a padded room. The absurdity of it is mind-boggling.

Unfortunately, the only thing he (or anyone else, for that matter) can take away from this whole thing, is to not get involved when people need help, and to avoid all contact with the police. That's a pretty sad lesson to learn.