Man Turns Himself In For Murdering Imaginary Friend

Rainman

"I stabbed Mr Happy repeatedly with a kitchen knife, cut up the body with a hatchet and buried him in my backyard."

That's what one man who claimed he'd murdered his imaginary friend told the police. Punishment proportionate to the gravity of his crime, he felt was the death penalty.

Florida Man Turns Himself In For Murdering Imaginary Friend ? MORON

A remorseful Gaylord told officers he wanted the death penalty for his crime — preferably, “right now.â€

When officers informed the intoxicated man that they'd not give him the death penalty for his crime he went berserk, threatened to kill the police officers.

Police took Mr. Gaylord into custody and obtained a search warrant for his house where they found drug paraphernalia and a machine gun. Gaylord was booked on multiple charges. Bail has not been set.

The things drugs can make people do . . .

lushlala

Oh dear! He's probably going to feel very stupid once he's come down from his high! He doesn't even sound like a young person (as in a teen), he needs to grow up and wise up. Drugs are not cool, they make you do stupid things LOL -and that's not even the worst of it. Silly man LOL

IshieVonDyson

Wow. I’m not sure whether to laugh or shake my head, so I guess I’ll do both! He will most definitely feel like a complete fool, considering he may have been able to stay under the radar if he just hadn’t gotten high and gone so far off the rails. Ah well, maybe in the end he’s ended up doing what’s best for him?

Gabe

Even though it was an imaginary friend, he clearly needed some other kind of help. It doesn't say what charges have been brought, but drugs and machine guns are enough. Perhaps he needs time to get back on his feet and detox? Many people do lose themselves and at least he knew right from wrong.

Josie

I truly hope they get him some help instead of just punishing him for what he did do.

missbishi

Yeah, this guy definitely needs some psychiatric help, not punishment. Involuntary comittal for six months is probably the best best - he needs treatment.

dyanmarie25

I don't know if this is hilarious or strange, maybe in between. It is clear to see that he has some sort of mental problem. I think he needs to be put in an institution rather than in jail, but his delusions could just probably be the result of his being high on drugs.

thegrey1

Maybe Mr. Happy (LOL) was being a WiseA**, and Mr. Gaylord just couldn't take it anymore! I hate it when I have to chop up my imaginary friends. It always makes me feel guilty too! On another note, maybe the cops should dig up Gaylord's backyard. Ya never know! :rolleyes:

Peachdejour

I saw this guy's mugshot on Facebook. This makes me feel very sad for him. What is most like is that Mr. Happy was one of his voices that he no longer needed. However, it is hard to part with something that has been a part of you for so long. It can be traumatic.

LongShot

He had a machine gun so you have to wonder if he has a little guilt off of something he did?

Not saying he did something but we had some guy locally that went crazy talking about a imaginary friend that he killed. Turned out that imaginary friend was a friend he knew at some bar. Surprised it didn't make the news or even the paper. The people who know about is are those that lived in the city. Was some pretty crazy stuff.