Mary Kay Latourneau

Rosyrain

Last night 20/20 did a Barbara Walters special in which she interviewed Mary Kay LaTourneau and her husband Villa for their upcoming 10 year wedding anniversary. This is the Seattle teacher who was jailed for having a seal relationship with her 6th grade student back in the 90s. She eventually got out of prison and they got married and have a couple of kids together. The whole thing makes me sick to my stomach, and I know they are just married for the publicity, especially the way in which he answered some of the questions. What are your thoughts on this case?

thegrey1

I've been gagging over this story ever since I first heard about it! She's a piece of work! I think they're both just enjoying more time in the spotlight! Neither of them have one iota of shame!

dyanmarie25

Well, when I first read about this news, I didn't know whether to laugh, shake my head in disagreement, or just keep a poker face. It's really strange specially knowing that they have gotten married and already have 2 daughters. Quite shameful, I guess, but it's their own decision anyway, so I think I should just respect that.

Josie

I think media is disgusting for putting any sort of light on their marriage. Fine if it worked out for them, but the fact is, she had a sexual relationship with a child and now they and everyone else is making a buck from it. Barbara Walters makes me ill.

Shimus

If they love each other, then what's there really to say about it? It's not your life, it's not them having sex with you, nor is it the fact the kid was younger and the woman was a teacher. Everyone takes things too seriously, and too stringently. Nobody has a right to tell other people what they can and cannot do in their own bedroom/house. NO. ONE.

At the time, sure, it was wrong because of the bad publicity it brought and still brings is the wrong point of the whole deal. It doesn't need to be televised and replayed in the media. Barbara Walters does indeed make me sick sometimes.