Media Influence

Rhoda D'Ettore

How much do you think the media sways your view? If you see something, do you then research and investigate it, or do you just read headlines?

Do you think just reading the headlines prevents you from having an objective opinion?

stevesxs9

The media has always possessed influence and power. They have done excellent work in many cases and less than adequate in others. Most of the time I investigate things they report on but not all the time.

Onionman

I think you simply have to consider a variety of different news sources. However much they deny it, different media will have different agenda. It might not be malicious. It might be simply about who they try to market themselves to. But to get a more objective viewpoint, look across the spectrum.

missamanda819

I don't find the media to be a huge influence in my life. When I see things online - I don't just take it at face value. I always tend to dig a little deeper. That is, of course, assuming it's something I actually care about. For the most parts - tabloids, random celebrity news, etc. - that doesn't interest me and I couldn't care less if it were true or not.

If I see a headline that is of importance or pertains to me, I'll read it and then I'll see if I can find facts supporting it's authenticity and truthfulness.