Mendota Heights Police Officer Shot And Killed

Anthony

Super Moderator
minofficerkilled.jpg
Police sources have reported that a Mendota Heights police officer has died after being shot during a traffic stop in West St. Paul earlier this afternoon. It has turned into an all out manhunt, with many agencies across the Twin Cities involved in the investigation and search.

The shooting incident happened around 12:20 p.m. According to police reports, the suspect is in a Pontiac Grand Prix and was fleeing on Dodd Road.

Authorities had confirmed the officer was shot in the head and was transported to a local hospital with serious injuries but has since died.

"It's a hard day for all of Mendota Heights," City Council member Ultan Duggan said. "You think this will never happen to you and then out of the blue, boom here is what happens."

Witnesses said they heard three gunshots in the neighborhood. Mike Youness was sitting in his house when he heard the gunshots. "I'm a hunter," Youness said. "I recognized them as gunshots immediately." John Gouette told reporters he saw a dark green Pontiac Grand Am traveling fast shortly after the shooting, with police in pursuit.

The suspect has been described as a young white male, possibly in his early 20's.

The police officer has not been identified.

More details in this post will be released as soon as they are made available.

Last edited:

Muthoni

Shooting this officer was a huge injustice. The police deserve respect for the work they do every day to ensure that citizens are able to go to work and live their lives without fear. I ask this unanswered question; what is happening to the young people today?

I hope that the shooter is located and arrested to pay for this heinous crime. It is unfortunate that a promising life of this officer was lost.

Peninha

It's really sad to see news and more news about police officers shot and killed, it's a more and more dangerous job every day.

Gelsemium

I agree, police officers risk their lives so that we can be safe, that is why we should give them so much credit.