Missing toddler found dead

Gabe

People aren't aware that even a pond is dangerous as children can drown in the bath. If I'm looking after children I never let them near water because you don't know what will happen and at that age they don't really understand either. A very sad tale, but a reminder that parents should watch the children all the time.

Josie

How sad :( I wouldn't automatically assume the parents did anything.. the police would have counted them out. But I do wonder what a two year old was doing on his own.. even with older siblings, when they know there is a body of water out there for him to fall into. very careless.. they'll have to live with that the rest of their lives, I feel bad for everyone that is now missing him :(

thegrey1

Is was when I FIRST heard that the little guy was missing that my mind went to the parents. I didn't know the police had ruled out anything at that time. The point is, I think it's tragic that there are so many infanticides in the news these days, that we automatically assume it. I agree, parents shouldn't let a 2 yr. old out of their sight.

missbishi

Whilst this is undoubtedly a tragedy, I have to agree with the other posters in that the parents should have been watchng him, not the siblings. It's unfair to lay this responsibility onto children and now they have to live with the guilt forever.