Mississippi Girl Burned Alive

Anthony

Super Moderator
attachment.php

Police in Mississippi say a teenager was burned alive Saturday night. Authorities say they found Jessica Chambers, 19, burning near her vehicle that was also engulfed in flames.

"When the fire department got there, she was walking down the road on fire," he said. "Only part of her body that wasn't burned was the bottom of her feet," said her father, Ben Chambers. “You couldn’t recognize her because she was unrecognizable,†Chambers described what was told by doctors. “The doctor told us it wasn’t nothing we can do you know she was burned 98% of her body.â€

Police believe Jessica Chambers was beaten up, then had lighter fluid sprayed in her mouth, nose and all over her body. The suspect then set her on fire while she was inside her car.

She was airlifted to Regional One Health in Memphis but later died. Her father said that in her last breaths, Jessica may have been able to tell authorities who her killer was. "She told them, she told them, told him who done it," Chambers said.

[video=youtube_share;8ln5BP0SEzI]http://youtu.be/8ln5BP0SEzI[/video]

Authorities say they are looking for two men they believe Jessica may have been with on Saturday night. Police have questioned several people, however no arrests have been made. Authorities did find a cell phone at the crime scene.

"We do have a phone that we believe is hers and that is what we are attempting to gather the information from," said Assistant District Attorney Jay Hale.

Hale said Jessica’s killer could face life in prison without parole, or even the death penalty.

“God’s punishment is going to be far more worse than anything that we can do,†said Chambers.

Authorities did not disclose what Jessica was able to tell them before she passed away.

Attachments

• JessicaChambers.jpg
    JessicaChambers.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 1,650
Last edited by a moderator:

pattycake

She was walking down the road on fire? Only the bottom of her feet wasn't burned? She was burned so bad that she was unrecognizable? I can't imagine anybody besides Michael Myers walking on fire, mentioning the bottom of her feet is stupid, and is anything burned recognizable from what it was?

Why do some of these stories sound like works of fiction?

Onionman

I continue to be astounded by what one human being can do to another human being. We don't know the full story behind this, and what led to this event but it's shocking nonetheless. Hopefully the girl will get full justice for this horrible act and her family will get some clarity as to why on earth it happened.

Gelsemium

I can't really imagine a harder way to die than being burned alive, why would someone do something like this to another person? :(

Strykstar

What a terrible way to die, there are no good ways, but to burn someone both inside and out... that's a special kind of torture that must be an unimaginable pain.

pattycake

There has to be some positive leads. Something traceable leading to the incident. If they know that lighter fluid was poured down her throat then they must have or be able to determine more. Hopefully, what really happened will be revealed and this girl will receive justice.

warmweatherwoman

I couldn't of said it better Pattycake! I mean walking on fire, really? And it goes without saying that anything burned that badly would be unrecognizable- who writes some of these stories up?

Life imitating works of fiction maybe?? Just WOW! :eek:

dolittle94

She was walking down the road on fire? Only the bottom of her feet wasn't burned? She was burned so bad that she was unrecognizable? I can't imagine anybody besides Michael Myers walking on fire, mentioning the bottom of her feet is stupid, and is anything burned recognizable from what it was?

Why do some of these stories sound like works of fiction?
I don't know, but that is a really good question. If it isn't real maybe someone is practicing there writing skills to see how believable it will be to readers. Or, it could be that America is so psychotic that it's almost unbelievable. As for the actually story, is anyone else being reminded of a witch burning by this article (maybe I've watched too much American Horror Stories).

shandrum

This is a terrible thing to do to another person. I just don't understand what society is coming to in this day and time. Many theories have been released, but nothing has been confirmed regarding whom killed her. I hope the authorities find them soon so this family can have closure.

Sweetheart

Her picture she looks so sweet. Mississippi, that is just terrible. A hate crime. She was with two men. They will figure it out.

mairj23

A very sad case right here that is just hurtful. Does the Police have any leads? There should be some video, as there are cameras just about everywhere. I hope the person that did this, gets the death penalty.