Missouri man accused of throwing owner's dog out of third-floor window after she rejected him

Anthony

Super Moderator
William.jpg
Police have charged William Rabourn with burglary and animal theft charges. Rabourn is accused of throwing an 8-month-old puppy named Oliver to his death.
The suspect allegedly threw the dog out of third-floor window because the dog's owner Gabriel Ervie rejected his sexual advances.
The incident started Saturday night when both the victim and suspect were on a "party bus" with a bunch of other people.
The victim told police that Rabourn kept making sexual gestures toward her. She repeatedly told him no. The suspect made the victim uncomfortable. The bus pulled into a gas station and left Rabourn there.
He reportedly continued to call and text Ervie. Police said he left threating messages. “I’m about to f--- your life up forever,†Rabourn allegedly told Ervie in the voicemail.
He then made his way over to her house. A neighbor saw the suspect walk up to Ervie's door and kick it down. The neighbor immediately called 911. Rabourn went inside the apartment and allegedly grabbed Ervie's puppy and tossed him out of a hallway window.
The witness told police Rabourn was in the apartment a very short time before walking out in the hallway with a small white dog, according to the statement.
"The witness watched Rabourn walk down the hallway and stop at an open window where he threw the dog overhand out of the open window," police said.
The witness told police the suspect then fled the scene.
Ervie is devastated by the loss. “It hurts,’ a tearful Debbie Ervie said. “I just want to hold him one more time and tell him it wasn’t his fault.â€
"I really have to count my blessings," the woman's mother, Debbie Ervie, told reporters. "One that she wasn't there because this might be a different scenario. It might be my daughter."
Police arrested Rabourn when they found him on Missouri State University campus. Police measured the distance from the window to where the dog landed on the ground and reported it was about 46 feet.
Ervie told police she'd had a casual romantic relationship with Rabourn for about three months. On Tuesday, Rabourn posted bond of $15,000 and was released from jail.

Last edited by a moderator: