Mom Accused Of Separating Daughters Scalp From Skull

Anthony

Super Moderator
ruckpulledhair.jpg
A Pennsylvania mother has been arrested after police say she pulled her 6-year-old girl’s hair so hard that the child’s scalp was separated from her skull, causing internal bleeding.
Brittany Ruck, 25, is facing aggravated assault and other charges in the alleged attack on her daughter.
Authorities allege Ruck attacked her daughter because the child couldn’t count to 12.
The girl’s hair was pulled with some much force that "blood ended up pooling around the eyes, giving her raccoon eyes," Conway Police Department's Michael Priolo said.
“The head injury was described in medical terms as traction,†said Priolo. “It is a separation between the scalp and skull which creates a void that fills with blood. The blood ended up pulling around the eyes, giving her raccoon eyes.â€
When police questioned the victim, she said that when she had difficulty counting to 12, her mom “pulled her out of a chair by her hair.â€
Ruck allegedly dragged the little girl across the floor into a corner by her hair the following day.
[video=youtube_share;6PP-zytHtDY]http://youtu.be/6PP-zytHtDY[/video]
During questioning, Ruck reportedly admitted to pulling her hair on "multiple occasions" but she didn't think she wasn't doing anything wrong because that’s what her mother did to her when she was a young girl.
The girl spent a few days in the hospital, but has since been released. The victim and two of her younger siblings were placed with a relative.
Ruck remains behind bars on $50,000 bond, a preliminary hearing is set for October 23.

Last edited by a moderator:

Strykstar

Oh my god, this makes my blood curl.
I hope she gets locked up so she can't see her child and is never able to have any other, how can someone be so violent for something so simple as her child not counting to 12?

pattycake

I noticed that child abusers use the same alibi. They all say they didn't know it was wrong because the same thing was done to them.

mimsee

I noticed that child abusers use the same alibi. They all say they didn't know it was wrong because the same thing was done to them.

Yep, you're right! Sadly defense attorneys jump all over that to use as their defense. She's a grown woman, though, and she HAD to know that pulling a child's hair is wrong 100%, and for the reason she did it? Because the child couldn't count to 12? Ugh. It honestly sickens me how little regard people have for their own children and for other human beings in general. There are some animal species that treat each other better than we do and it's sad!

pattycake

Yep, you're right! Sadly defense attorneys jump all over that to use as their defense. She's a grown woman, though, and she HAD to know that pulling a child's hair is wrong 100%, and for the reason she did it? Because the child couldn't count to 12? Ugh. It honestly sickens me how little regard people have for their own children and for other human beings in general. There are some animal species that treat each other better than we do and it's sad!

Exactly. And what's ironic is the fact that the reason for the attacks on children is because they didn't know something. They themselves don't want to be penalized for anything they don't know but punish their children for things they don't know. These people should bounced in jail regardless, because if they can punish for ignorance then they can be punished for ignorance. It's not a matter of an eye for an eye, but treating someone the way you want to be treated. If you don't want to be punished for something you don't know then don't punish a child for something they don't know.

Gelsemium

I never heard anything like this, she really lost it, she is a danger to the physical integrity of the child...!

Peninha

Poor child, I can't imagine the pain of suffering such an injury, she should be protected from her own mother!!

Muthoni

It is so unfortunate that a number of children of abused homes later become abusers themselves. That must have been a very painful experience for this little girl. This mother does not know how to handle stress very well. I hope that this little girl will find a loving home because it will make it easier for her to learn better.

SF13

Yeah, that makes perfect sense. My child can't count to twelve, so I pulled her scalp away from her skull. It's the only way she'll learn. This woman needs to have her baby making capacity surgically removed by court order and her child taken to a better home.

Strykstar

Yeah, that makes perfect sense. My child can't count to twelve, so I pulled her scalp away from her skull. It's the only way she'll learn. This woman needs to have her baby making capacity surgically removed by court order and her child taken to a better home.

I really wish that was an option in these cases, it seems like unfortunately the most important job we can have is the one that doesn't have any requirements.

shandrum

OH, what is wrong with people!!!!! This is sickening... Society has so many people who have no right to be parents. I hope this mother gets a good long sentence and she has all her parental rights taken from her. She does not deserve to have children..