Mom from hell, allegedly beat son

Anthony

Super Moderator
Starnes.jpg
A Philadelphia woman, who police have dubbed a "mom from hell," was arrested after her 11-year-old son walked into a policing center alone and claimed his mother had beaten him.
Nashid Ali, a social worker who runs the center took care of the boy.
“The woman said, ‘I think he wants to see you and I think he’s crying,’†social worker Nashid Ali said. “I told the boy I’d be with him in a second. He waited patiently. He didn’t go anywhere. He waited in the chair with his head down.â€
When she went over to see what she could do for the little boy, he started to cry.
“On his arms was all these red marks,†said the social worker, who asked the boy what had happened.
The boy told the social worker that his mom beat him with a belt inside their apartment because he did not do his chores.
[video=youtube_share;BCt3sGhPRE8]http://youtu.be/BCt3sGhPRE8[/video]
He then said that his mother had left for an hour and when she came back she allegedly beat him again, only this time using her fists.
“I looked at his back. His back was worse than the armsâ€, Ali said.
Police were called to go see the boy’s mother, 39-year-old Samantha Starnes.
“What surprised me was that number one, he came in by himself,†Ali said. “Number two, he was 11-years-old and number three, I knew it was serious because he was patient.â€
Authorities charged Starnesthe with assault and endangering the welfare of a child. The suspect is awaiting her preliminary hearing, she is unable to post bail.
Investigators say the victim had 27 bruises and welts on his body.
“We dubbed her around here as the mum from hell,†said Upper Darby Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood.
A neighbor who did not want to be identified, claims she could hear the mother yelling at the boy through the walls of her apartment.
“She really needs some help,†the neighbor said. “They shouldn’t let her ass out of jail, no offense. Keep her in jail.â€
Children and Youth Services are working with family relatives to come up with a safety plan for the boy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Muthoni

This eleven year boy must have endured the worst kind of pain in the hands of his mother from hell. He is remarkable that at his young age, he was able to say enough is enough and seek help. I hope that he finds a good family that will care for him so that he will enjoy the remaining part of his childhood. This mother does not deserve to raise him.