Mom Pleads Not Guilty To Killing Her Kids

Anthony

Super Moderator
attachment.php

A 31-year-old Massachusetts mother who was charged in the death of three of her seven children has pleaded not guilty Monday to all charges.

Earlier this month, a grand jury indicted Erika Murray on nine counts. Yesterday, Murray pleaded not guilty to nine counts brought against her, including including fetal death concealment, two counts of assault and battery on a child causing substantial bodily injury, two counts of reckless endangerment of a child, two counts of cruelty to animals and one count of concealing a fetal death.

[video=youtube_share;kF5UlJRtmRM]http://youtu.be/kF5UlJRtmRM[/video]

Back in September, police found the remains of three dead babies in her home. Police said they also found the living children covered in feces and living in squalid conditions. According to police the 3-year-old girl had to have maggots removed from her ears and the 5-month-old baby had signs of severe neglect. Officials say Murray's ten and 13-year-old kids did not have any signs of abuse.

“In an effort to hide the babies from her boyfriend, it appears that the surviving children were neither nourished nor cared for,†Worcester Assistant District Attorney John E. Bradley Jr. told the court.

Murray reportedly managed to hide the pregnancies from Rivera and allegedly gave birth by herself in a bathtub. She allegedly kept the kids in an upstairs bedroom and did not let Rivera go upstairs.

Murray's boyfriend, Raymond Rivera, 38, was charged with two counts of assault and battery on a child causing substantial bodily injury, two counts of reckless endangerment of a child, two counts of cruelty to animals and one count of cultivating marijuana.

His attorney has said that he denies the allegations and claims he didn’t even know about the younger children.

The other children, ages from five months to 13 years were removed from the house and currently in the custody of state child welfare officials.

When police entered the house back in September they said the home was littered with dead animals. It was infested with rodents and insects and was piled high with dirty diapers and garbage. Town officials said the house was in such horrible condition that it had to be condemned and demolished in October.

Murray is being held without bail. Her next court date is February 4.

[video=youtube_share;nF-ptKu3Pdo]http://youtu.be/nF-ptKu3Pdo[/video]

Attachments

• ErikaMurray.jpg
    ErikaMurray.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 592
Last edited by a moderator:

Onionman

Clearly this woman has a weird perspective on how children should be brought up. Living in squalid conditions is bad enough. But subjecting the children to a life that left three of them dead is disturbing. I hope justice is served.

pattycake

The mother is claiming not guilty? Not guilty of what? And the boyfriend is claiming he didn't know about the younger kids? Yeah sure. It's a sad affair when a grown woman can't face her child's need for her and her attitude tells her that she's in greater need than her children.

Sarz

This is saddened, angered and disgusted me. I am deeply shocked by just how bad the conditions those poor children were forced to live in were and that it went unnoticed for so long. Clearly the woman is not in her right mind and needs psychiatric evaluation because I just cannot understand how you could do that to children, your own children. It's beyond me.

missbishi

I agree that this woman needs prompt psychiatric evaluation. She's going to have a very hard time in prison though. Emotions run high when it comes to cruelty against children. Surely she won't get away with this?

dolittle94

I don't see how she could get out of this. What exactly would she claim that would explain the deaths of her three children and then what? They had apparently been dead for awhile, so how do you not notice your own children without neglecting them. I hope she gets enough charges to rot in jail, this case just makes me sick.

Sweetheart

CNN? Somebody takes these people seriously now? This one is got a lot of charges. She looks like she is in a trance. "fetal death concealment" what kind of charge is that? Death of three of seven children, ok. The neglect and all of that is obvious, but there is no description of the deaths. They are going to charge a woman with fetal death concealment who is living in a situation like this? Dead animals in the house. Talk about not doing house work.
Situations like this it would be interesting to watch videos of these two to hear what they say. She just seems like she is out of it. Pregnancy, seven kids, and the guy. I don' t know, there is not enough about this one. I guess the best way is to blame the woman and toss her in jail. Lol, I must be missing something here. If you have to hide children and being pregnant the guy can't be good.

Gelsemium

What a monster, I agree sweet, her face is out of this world like in trance, I hope she doesn't leave jail ever!

pattycake

@ Sweetheart

Well the woman is the blame. And should be thrown in jail. Though you are right about the guy being no good.

pattycake

I don't think that she need psychiatric help. She's just plain childish, irresponsible, selfish, and need to pay the price for her crime against her own children. To say that she need psychiatric help is saying that she's not responsible for her actions and I'm not buying that.

Muthoni

This must be a horrible situation for these kids. Having maggots removed from the ears made my hair stand on end. How can someone live with someone and fail to notice that they are pregnant on three occasions? This boyfriend did not care enough to find out why he was restricted from going to the upstairs bedroom. I hope that these kids finally find a happy home; so sad.