More police officers shot!

lushlala

Well the two thugs, who appear to be related, have been arrested! This indeed is a travesty. Just what's going on in America??!! This is depressing and just horrible. I too hope that they're both brought to justice and the harshest of sentences meted out to them. Let's see where their street cred is then!

Philosophydaddy

I am glad these these perps have been caught but I wonder about the other two. What was the crime of Curtis Banks and Cornelius Clark? I am especially interested in what Clark did to be arrested in association with these murderers.

On another note, I think if these officers had had a chance to defend themselves and wound up killing these two, I doubt there would be any rioting and looting in the streets. They were attacked. That is clear fact and if they had killed these guys in response I don't doubt that there wouldn't have been any anger in the black community over the ACTUAL self-defense claims. Especially if there was evidence to support the claim.

Rainman

Cops should defend themselves regardless of the backlash from those who think they shouldn't. Maybe their unwillingness to shoot the suspects is what got them killed in the first place. This is the result of all the media's cop-bashing. Makes police officers uncertain of what they should do even when self-defense is a good enough reason.

LongShot

The whole mentally is just going down hill. The media isn't doing it any good either with this whole us vs them thing. Not all cops are evil or even do bad things. The sad thing is the cops that end up being hurt are usually the ones doing the straight and narrow with the job.

Gabe

The reality is that cops get shot and murdered every day and not everything is reported nationwide. With social media some incidents can be highlighted, but that doesn't help when a story is written to provoke rather than inform. I don't think it helps when the public make snap judgements on partial and biased reporting either.

JoanMcWench

I think media coverage is really only hindering the police. Criminals see an opportunity to take advantage of the police & their fear of shooting/hurting anyone lest they lose their job/are prosecuted. I want to believe there is an equal amount of fear but the truth is the only people afraid of being harassed by police officers are those not committing crimes.

katherine25

This is honestly disgusting! I heard about this yesterday and it made me so angry. I don't know how people think they will get away with stuff like this or why they would want to do this in the first place, its just so heartbreaking to hear.