N.J. woman offered cop sex for a ride, say police

Rainman

You never know if the person sitting next to you is a cop! A woman who approached a man for a ride allegedly offered him oral sex not knowing that he was a policeman. The officer promptly arrested the woman.

A plainclothes police officer in an unmarked vehicle arrested a Camden woman Jan. 9 after she allegedly offered him oral sex for a ride back to the city, according to the Gloucester City Police Department.

Nicole L. Diggs, 37, of Camden, was charged with engaging in prostitution and hindering apprehension in the alleged incident.

Police say Diggs flagged down the vehicle at 11:35 p.m. at the corner of Market Street and Baynes Avenue and offered the officer sex
Good work, Mr Police Officer!

JulianWilliams

Having police forces enforce prostitution bans seem like such a huge waste of resources to me. I think they'd be better off legalizing and regulating and taxing it instead of making it illegal. New tax source + not wasting police's time and money + safety regulations = win.

missbishi

It would be far safer if it was legalized and regulated. Prostitution is known as the "oldest profession" and I really do think that there would be an awful lot more rapes and other sexual assaults reported if it no longer happened. Plus, like JulianWilliams says, it would be a great source of tax revenue, as well as freeing up police time for more important matters.

LitoLawless

Wow! For some reason this doesn't really surprise me. I think I heard somewhere that New Jersey has one of the highest prostitution rates in the east coast. This must be pretty common.

bala

Good work officer.he really had guts to turn down an offer for sex,but yeah,his profession and inbuilt rules would have prompted him to do so.
i might have gone in for arresting that woman too..:p :p :p

Muthoni

I am sorry that this story made me laugh. This woman is a go getter going for what she wants. She must have done this several times because of the confidence she portrays by flagging down the policeman and making her offer. She could have been better off hiring a cab; I just hope that she is not punished too severely.

Rhoda D'Ettore

I live fairly close to both Gloucester City and Camden... and I can say I am not surprised at all. The woman was probably stoned out of her mind. He could have been driving a cruiser and she would probably still have offered.

People are nuts

ebs77

Banned
This is a really sad story. I wonder what sort of life this poor woman has had to bring her to these bad choices. Hopefully she will have some time to reassess her life. Hopefully this is the wake up call that she needed.
You must have to have a lot of guts to enter situations like this, the officer must have some guts.

vinceasneed

For me, I think these ladies need help. Many of them have upbringings that are not good. They think that selling their body is the only way or they feel that it is acceptable. They need help from professionals who can get them on the right track. I am not saying that all of them are like this. But the more we can help them and educate our children, the less we would see these issues in our society. But a lot of these women are arrested and then sent right back into society with minor consequence and no professional help.

Well I guess that could be seen as bad luck or good luck, she didn't have to worry about getting back to the city and had a free place to sleep for the night! I see the local prostitutes flagging down cars in parking lots of places like the local convenience store and gas station, I never considered they might be flagging down random people and not "clients" they know.

mrsbright

Well I guess that could be seen as bad luck or good luck, she didn't have to worry about getting back to the city and had a free place to sleep for the night! I see the local prostitutes flagging down cars in parking lots of places like the local convenience store and gas station, I never considered they might be flagging down random people and not "clients" they know.

I always wondered -- is it really a free place for the night? I was under the impression that you had to pay bail before getting out, because it's not a "free hotel" or anything.

I also think prostitution should become legal. That would lead to the women being safer -- from policemen included.

stevesxs9

I think this is a big part of why the Judicial System is so screwed up. Because it seems like half the people who are arrested, will be back on the streets before their paper work dries. On a positive note, maybe the lady will learn from her mistake.

Kittyworker

Personally I think prostitution should be legalized and regulated rather than banned. I think Street Prostitution should remain illegal. People are going to sell sex for cash no matter what the law says, if you regulate it you are going to provide a safer work environment for these men and women. Not to mention regular STI checks would protect the clients.

Owl

I don't really get how anybody finds this funny. Somebody having to resort to prostitution is not a funny thing at all. I hope she either finds somewhere where she can join another job or that eventually she can find somewhere where it's legal and she can do it in a more safe manner. I hate it when people think things like this are amusing. I'm sure the officer didn't have a good time arresting her.