Nanny Caught On Camera Shaking Twins

Anthony

Super Moderator
Dana-Cash.jpg
A hidden nanny camera records shocking images of 1-year-old twins allegedly being abused by their babysitter.
Dana Cash, 34, from Yucaipa, Los Angeles was arrested after she was caught on tape violently shaking 1-year-old twin girls.
Cash, who was caring for four young children was caught abusing the twins after their 8-year-old brother told his mother what he had witnessed.
The little boy told his mom that he saw Cash shaking his sibling. The mother, who did not want be identified checked the nanny camera and was shocked to see proof of the abuse.
“He knew. He knew it was wrong,†the mother said. “I praise my son for that. Had he not said anything, I wouldn’t have known.â€
When the mother confronted Cash with the video, Cash claimed that she made “a mistakeâ€. "She puts her head down and says, 'I made a mistake.' I said, 'That's not a mistake.
That's not a mistake you're allowed to make.' She was fired," the mother said. "It took all of me not to want to physically hurt her."
[video=youtube_share;w0FvKN3NZ7Y]http://youtu.be/w0FvKN3NZ7Y[/video]
The mother said she diligently checked Cash's background and had a long interview process to make sure she was the right person to watch over her family. She even gave her a trial run before she hired her.
The mother said she hopes her experience will make other parents to install nanny cams. She encourages parents to listen to their children and trust their instincts.
Authorities say that Cash was arrested on suspicion of child abuse. She was booked into the West Valley Detention Center, but has since been released on bail.

Attachments

• nannycash.jpg
    nannycash.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 933
Last edited by a moderator:

Strykstar

What a terrible human being, that wouldn't even be right to do to your own child, nevermind doing it to someone else's.
I hope she does some time for this, but I doubt that it will happen.

mimsee

Brave boy telling the parents, glad that those cameras exist or else this could never be proven.

Very brave little man, I know his mom is super proud of him. And thank God she fired the woman but otherwise held her composure. Who knows what sort of charges the nanny would've tried to throw on her if she had assaulted her.

Muthoni

It is important to choose the right work for self so that one is able to do it well. Working just for the money can be stressing for the person holding onto the job. This is a bright 8 year old that has a great relationship with his mom who did not ignore his concerns. This nanny now has a criminal record that she could have avoided by choosing another line of work.

Peninha

It's always so risky to leave our kids with other people, something like this can happen, we never know!!

pattycake

Background checks, long interview processes, and trial tryouts won't protect children when left alone with the caretaker. The mother did right to install hidden cameras, but it's useless if she's not going to actually view the footage until her child says something. The point of the camera is to catch any abuse of her children, and she need to view the footage daily.

Strykstar

Background checks, long interview processes, and trial tryouts won't protect children when left alone with the caretaker. The mother did right to install hidden cameras, but it's useless if she's not going to actually view the footage until her child says something. The point of the camera is to catch any abuse of her children, and she need to view the footage daily.

I think that if she set them up she should be watching them, maybe she only watched them once a week or at random intervals, no security footage gets checked all the time, it's usually random segments at high-speed.

pattycake

I think that if she set them up she should be watching them, maybe she only watched them once a week or at random intervals, no security footage gets checked all the time, it's usually random segments at high-speed.

It all boils down to being on the ball. Which is something most people don't want to do, as people prefer to go through formalities only making themselves appear to be on the ball and rest in assurance thereafter that their own part in obligations are done and can now doze off and sleep. With the point truly being not to be safe but to clear their own conscious of lacking obligation. The human mind is commonly lazy, which is why a person would install security cameras and then not watch any of it's recordings. The result is that they are still in danger because they're only pretending to be on the ball. Their mind is lazy and wants to sleep.

dolittle94

I can't watch people's kids unless they give me permission to discipline them like timeouts, popping on the hands, or, if the child is really bad(rarely happens to me but still has), a spanking. Not many kids I watch need that because I am usually pretty chill and I love kids so we get along, but when I get a stern with my voice or I raise it then they usually know to stop whatever it is they are doing. I really don't care what some people say, some children do need to get popped. I'm not saying beat on them, but some kids need more than a timeout in a room full of toys. It's usually the children who are allowed to walk all over their parents, but I don't care how they treat their parents, I won't tolerate that kind of behavior towards me and I don't appreciate children who blatantly disrespect their parents. That's why I meet the child before accepting a job because if I can't even do anything about their behavior and the parents "don't believe in putting their hands on their children" then it would be best for both parties to not even go there. This lady though, she went completely over board, who practically suffocates a child to make them stop crying, or thinks that shaking them violently is going to make them act any better than they were. You can't be a nanny if you're going to be impatient with the kids, they are just kids, bumps in the road are bound to happen, so you can't jump on them for every little thing that they do that you don't like. And did she not know she was being watched by cameras; I'm glad that they helped in this situation, but that's a little creepy, understandable, but still creepy.

shandrum

What a sad story, but with a happy ending. The 1 year old twins are still alive. In the area I live in, we just recently had a 15 month old baby die at the hands of his caregiver from Shaken Baby Syndrome. His caregiver shook him so hard that his retinas detached. He died 4 days latter from injuries sustained during the incident.