NJ Woman Throws Baby/Self into Ocean

I'm not going to argue anything about ones right to commit suicide, that's something that I feel is entirely up to the individual person to decide how they feel about, but taking the life of an innocent baby before they even get to properly experience life is a horrible horrible crime. I hope the family can find peace, and I will definitely keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

Gelsemium

Scary what leads someone to do this, even more scary (?) having survived. The baby most likely is dead right?

jeremy2

A 23 year old NJ woman threw her child into the ocean, then jumped in herself. Fishermen and onlookers were shocked before diving in to rescue them. The woman is being charged for aggravated assault. One 20 something male witness was visibly shaken at the site of this.
This is such a heinous crime.The child was just an innocent,defenseless and vulnerable victim of some psychopath who has no value for human life.I hope she faces the full force of the law and gets to spend time behind bars.

LitoLawless

This is madness! It's always sad when you hear that a baby has lost their life. They are as innocent as the human race can possible get. I recently moved to New Jersey so I'm hoping that it's not filled with crazy people like this.

missbishi

The woman in question doesn't need jail, she needs psychiatric intervention and should really have had it before this happened. I wonder how her healthcare professionals didn't spot the signs?

Something similar happened in the UK last month, a woman who suffered from schizophrenia left the hospital walked right out to the Avon Gorge with her newborn baby. They both froze to death. The British reaction was one of sadness for the poor mother and outrage that something like this has been allowed to happen in the first place.

Post natal depression and post partum psychosis are often just brushed under the carpet. Society tells us we should be delighted with our new born babies and so mothers often feel ashamed to admit that they are having difficulties.