Officer in dance-off with kids

Anthony

Super Moderator
officerdancing.jpg
Kansas City police officer James Krebs, 26, was caught on camera in a dance-off with some neighborhood kids on Sunday.
Natalie Garcia, a resident recorded the dancing contest. "He was pretty fun. I'm glad that he's not like showing us that cops can be bad but also cops can be cool to little kids," said Garcia.
The video was shared with the police department and has been posted on the police department Facebook page and YouTube.
The dance-a-thon began when Officer J. Krebs and Officer Anderson were driving by the dancing children. Officer Anderson knew that Officer Krebs loved to dance so she challenged him to show off his dance skills against the kids.
"We were leaving and these kids started busting a move as we were driving by them. I turned the car around and my partner was like, "If you have a dance-off with him I will give you some Jolly Ranchers.'"
Officer Krebs accepted the challenge and exited the patrol car to show off his breakdancing and moonwalking skills.
"I hope it's something that they can remember and that when they grow to be adults and they actually need us for something, they'll actually call us when they need us," said Officer Krebs.
When asked who was victorious in the dancing competition, Officer Krebs replied "I feel like I won because I'm the one doing all the dancing."

Last edited:

Muthoni

This is great news for Officer Krebs to relate with these kids the way they can connect. Most people are afraid of the police where I come from. Community policing makes life easier for the citizens and the police as well. These kids will grow up to relate better with the police and hopefully stay away from crime.

sharpayvargas1

How cool of him that I looked for the video myself in Youtube because the one you put it here is not working. How cute of him when a car was about to pass, he hid at the back of the car and he pretended he was doing nothing. I loved it when he was like rolling on the street like a young child that doesn't know how to dance. Haha. Watching this video totally made my day!

Riggy

This is awesome too see! Police officers have a very serious duty to it's easy for them to forget about fun and show that they are there to protect you, not intimidate you! This is also a great big plus for the kids as it'll show mutual respect on both sides and hopefully they'll have a better view of officers in their future rather than disliking them like everyone else their age.

Peninha

This is something I love watching, cops are role models, so having some fun with kids is always great IMO. ;)

Jokester050288

I'm just glad to see there are still some good cops on the force. I like the fact the you can talk to the police with out it being a problem in your neighborhood. I really wish we had more good police like this one.

caparica007

This is nice to see indeed, but I just wonder what his superior would say if he saw him acting like that in service, would he agree?

Strykstar

This is a great thing to see, it helps people understand at a young age that policemen are people just like everyone else, not just some scary authority figures.

mimsee

I think it's important that young children today realize that all cops are not the monsters that a lot of media will try to make them out to be. Yes, some cops are on a power trip, but a vast majority are guys who are risking their lives for you every day so that you can sleep easier. Police men/women are people just like you and me. :)

shandrum

This is what I love to see!!! It's refreshing to see police officers interacting with people and children in a positive manner. I know it's hard to deal with destructive people on a daily basis. Unfortunately, this is the news that the media mostly reports about. It's a great feeling to see something positive and fun!

hayrake

Love it. People need to see cops having fun sometimes. Oh! And look. No one is telling him that he needs to remove his gun so as not to frighten the children.