On the side of the road?

ABC123

Cops will sit on the side of the road to help keep safety for drivers. Of course to pull the speeder over if needed too. I wonder what you guys do while you are waiting to see if someone is disobeying the law or driving unsafe?

JoanMcWench

I always used to pass an officer who did crosswords puzzles every single morning. I always thought there's no way he could possibly be aware of things around him when he's so intensely doing his crossword. But then I realized his presence is what detours people from speeding & driving recklessly. Whether he's pulling people over or not.

thegrey1

Yeah I see them sitting there reading stuff, but it is the deterrent factor that gets people. I think we ALL slow down if we see a cop car.

Nate

Don't they call those speed traps? Either way, I have learned how to slow down as I get older. Especially if you aren't in a hurry, there is no point in making yourself upset about dumb drivers.

calicer1996

I think they enjoy donuts. That's what Hollywood movies show all the time. But seriously, would any cop please shine some light here?