Oregon Man Clobbered for Telling Driver to Slow Down

Anthony

Super Moderator
oregon man beaten.jpg
Police are searching for a driver who got out of his vehicle and brutally attacked a man in front of his Oregon home. The incident happened on Thursday. The suspect got out of his car after being told to slow down while driving down the street.
The victim, Joseph Garvey with his face still swollen and bandaged, told reporters he was viciously beaten because he yelled at the suspect for speeding on his road.
“I was worried about someone getting run over or a dog getting run over,†Garvey said.
He also added, “He got out of the car and, bam, that was it.â€
Police obtained a cell phone video recorded by a witness. The footages shows the suspect suddenly punch Garvey in the face. The victim fell on his back and the suspect continues to beat Garvey. One woman tries to stop the suspect, but can't pull him off the victim.
The suspect eventually stopped, but took off from the scene before police arrived.
After viewing the video, police identified Timothy Richard Sullivan, 26, as a person of interest. As of Monday morning he hasn't surrendered.
Garvey said he did go to the hospital. He was treated for several injuries that included fractures to his nose. “I can barely open my eyes,†he told reporters.
“My nose is busted a couple of places and my cheek is swollen.†He also said he doesn't regret telling the driver to slow down.
He said he would do it again. “I just want him to know that I was looking out for others,†he said.
"That's attempted murder. He was unconscious and he just kept on hitting him," said a witness.

Last edited by a moderator: