Pastor Resigns After Prostitution Arrest

Anthony

Super Moderator
texaspastor.jpg
A Texas pastor has resigned after being arrested on a charge related to prostitution, according to Potter County Sheriff’s Office.
Cameron Tate Reeves, 34, was arrested by Texas troopers around 3:15 p.m. Thursday at a Motel 6.
According to police, Kristina Gayle Moon, 31, was also arrested in the same incident as Reeves. She was booked into Potter County jail.
According to the church’s website Reeves served as a pastor for Hillside Christian Church’s Canyon campus since 2009.
“I’m sorry for wounding the heart of Christ, I want to be a faithful son,†Reeves wrote in a statement.
Hillside Christian Church issued a statement after Reeves handed in his resignation.
“On Oct. 23, Cameron Reeves resigned as the campus pastor at Hillside Christian Church Canyon, effective immediately,†the statement said.
“We are saddened by this situation. We ask the community to pray for Cameron, his family and all who are affected during this difficult time.â€
Reeves was booked into Potter County jail on the misdemeanor charge and was released on a $1,000 bond.

Last edited by a moderator:

Riggy

Stuff like this always makes me laugh. It's people like this that preach against certain things and next thing you know... they're doing that very thing. However, I really disagree with the prostitutes name being mentioned. I don't believe it's fair on her.

mimsee

Stuff like this always makes me laugh. It's people like this that preach against certain things and next thing you know... they're doing that very thing. However, I really disagree with the prostitutes name being mentioned. I don't believe it's fair on her.

Why not? She was breaking the law as well. Why should he be hung out to dry while her name flies under the radar? Maybe this will be the wakeup call she needs to get off the streets. Her life isn't the one ruined, it's his.

Gin0710

Oh I'm sure the prostitute is loving the attention she's getting for having a pastor busted for soliciting sex. How much you want to be she's going to write a book about this?

Muthoni

This is a perfect indication that we are human. What do they say about humans, we make mistakes. We roll in the mud and get very dirty. There is a verse in the bible that says that a righteous man can fall seven times and again rise up. No one is without sin, you and me included. For that reason, I will not throw a stone at him. I will pray for him to find his way back to God. God will take him back no questions asked if he sincerely repents his sins.

SF13

Hypocrisy rears its ugly head. Hopefully, both of these people learn to do better in their live. The prostitute might either leave that profession altogether, or enter into adult entertainment properly, for instance.

The pastor.. I wonder how many times he stood on stage and railed against the evils of fornication and the weakness of modern morals. I've noticed that many pastors like to do that.

Peninha

So true, this guy was the biggest liar, so he deserves time in jail for this, he lied to all the community that believed in him.

warmweatherwoman

Why do we always put those that have church affiliations in a "holier than thou" position? He is human, he made a mistake, he was caught and will suffer the consequences for it..it is not for any of us to judge his actions- he will have his judgement day according to his christian beliefs.

askanison

Sad to see this poor guy gets singled out because he is a preacher. I would imagine if he had been some Joe blow off the streets he could have paid a fine and went on with his life. I think he got what he deserved for a man who is supposed to be held in regard though. If you take on that type of position you have to accept your life is under scrutiny 24/7. He was stupid to think otherwise.

Onionman

It just goes to show for the rest of us that we're all human. Temptations of the flesh isn't just the domain for the average man on the street. We are all capable of slipping.

headmaster

People need to learn that human beings will remain exactly that - full of hypocrisy and lies. How do you trust anybody who shouts out loudly that not only are they better than you, but that you also need them to be 'saved'? Religion has been used to brainwash the masses for too long.

dolittle94

This is one of the reasons why people are losing faith in church. Does anybody stick with the 'practice what you preach' anymore? Not only does this guy look like he would be desperate enough to involve himself in prostitution, but he kind of looks like a pedo-bear as well. It's not even about being human here, it has more to do with morals. Why couldn't he be normal and at least enjoy himself at a strip club. At least it would have been legal.