Pennsylvania Couple Charged With Murder

Anthony

Super Moderator
Jillian-Tait-Gary-Lee-Fellenbaum.jpg
Pennsylvania police say a man and his girlfriend are charged with brutally murdering the woman’s 3-year-old son.
Jillian Tait, 31, and Gary Lee Fellenbaum, 23, were charged Thursday with murder in the death of Tait's son, Scott McMillan.
They are also being charged with aggravated assault in the beating of his older brother.
On Tuesday, police were called to the house on a report of an unresponsive child. Officials found the 3-year-old boy suffering from bruises, cuts and puncture wounds all over his body.
Both Fellenbaum and Tait admitted to authorities that the boy had been beaten with blunt and sharp objects.
Tait told police that Fellenbaum would hit her 6 and 3-year-old sons. The beating began when the little boy wouldn’t eat his breakfast.
She also said they were whipped, taped to the chair and one time he hung the boys up by their feet and beat them while she and Fellenbaum laughed.
Chester County District Attorney Thomas Hogan called the case "an American horror story."
“Little Scotty McMillan is dead,†Hogan said. “Over a three day period..he was systematically tortured and beaten to death. He was punched in the face and in the stomach. He was scourged with a homemade whip. He was lashed with a metal rod. He was tied to a chair and beaten. He was tied upside down by his feet and beaten. His head was smashed through a wall.â€
District Attorney Hogan says he will seek the death penalty. "It was an unspeakable act of depravity," he said.
Police say the 6-year-old boy is now in the care of family members.

Attachments

• pacouplevictim.jpg
    pacouplevictim.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 358
Last edited by a moderator:

askanison

I don't understand how a mother can sit by and watch someone brutally attack and abuse her own children. How do you even justify that to yourself? Even if she feared for her life in that moment she could have called the police or wait until he left and took her stuff and ran. If anyone I was with tried to hurt my kids and beat them they would be beaten to a pulp or perhaps worse.

dolittle94

No this is nothing like American Horror Story because this is real life. What is up with all of these crazy and deranged parents killing their tormenting and killing their kids? These cases really make me feel grateful for growing up in a loving environment.

Gelsemium

I am feeling pain while reading this, brutally beaten because he didn't want to eat breakfast? :( And murdered? :(:(

Peninha

I don't get how such monsters can exist and make the life of an innocent boy a hell until they kill him, sad indeed Gelsemium.

pattycake

Sigh... Y'all still think that there's nothing the states can do to reduce the occurrence of these kinds of violations against children?

pattycake

I don't understand how a mother can sit by and watch someone brutally attack and abuse her own children. How do you even justify that to yourself?

It's very simple. When you're not a real mother it's a piece of cake. An adult with a childish mind cannot raise a child. And the comical part is that the childish female expects parental like attention, nurturing, and protection from a man. In this case, this goon throwing his weight around battering her son.

caparica007

Also, the woman can be abused as well and is incapable to react. Either cases, I'd just run with my kid out of there if it was my case.

pattycake

Also, the woman can be abused as well and is incapable to react. Either cases, I'd just run with my kid out of there if it was my case.

I never buy that, because she construes the abuse as nurturing from the man, like with Hedda Nussbaum and Joel Sternberg. No female is incapable of reacting, but they'll stick by a bad boy if he's abusing her because they construe it as parental guidance and nurturing. As in this case in the article, she lets a man batter her child because she construes it as parental guidance. Something she sees herself as unable to do.

Gelsemium

I agree, when there is true love we put our kids ahead of any interest, so this is something beyond my understanding.

shandrum

Oh, to hear this just makes me so mad and angry. I am so tired of hearing about all these child related deaths and injuries at he hands of their parents/guardians. I just can't fathom how a mother can sit there and watch her boyfriend beat her child. Whatever the case may be, whether she was abused herself, I don't buy that she was an abused victim. She actually laughed as stated by her when her child was being abused...what parent does that?? Whatever the case may be, a 3 year child is dead and that is just sad.

pattycake

Oh, to hear this just makes me so mad and angry. I am so tired of hearing about all these child related deaths and injuries at he hands of their parents/guardians. I just can't fathom how a mother can sit there and watch her boyfriend beat her child. Whatever the case may be, whether she was abused herself, I don't buy that she was an abused victim. She actually laughed as stated by her when her child was being abused...what parent does that?? Whatever the case may be, a 3 year child is dead and that is just sad.

The thing is, most people don't really want to know what makes a mother betray her child. They rather object to the offense and say they don't get it and leave it at that.

Sweetheart

The kid looks so sweet. This kind of thing is just wrong. This woman picked a real winner. I'm gonna say that this guy was brutally beaten as a child. No excuse, just probably true. I heard of a two children being treated like this. They have been given up by the parents and have been adopted by a new family. The real father was acting the same way as this one. Well at least be smart enough to either get your kids away from a guy like this or give them up. Did this mother know and did she approve of this kind of brutal discipline? I believe that would make her an accessory to murder.