Police Arrest Two Men, Cite Anti-Sodomy Law

Rainman

Gabe

I think many states don't update their 'staff' on up to date laws which is why the law can be so confusing as to which federal laws apply to states and which ones don't. Then there are states that like to ignore them anyhow. Sex in public is always illegal so they were just arrested for the wrong thing. I'm sure they will get a fine, because the police don't want to draw any more attention to the fact they weren't up to date with the laws.

missbishi

How embarassing. For the cops as well as the two men who got caught! But, yeah, they'll still be charged as they have certainly committed an offence. I just hope that this incident doesn't turn into some bun fight, with people claiming homophobia etc. Sex in public is illegal, no matter who is doing it.

JohnBrock

Yeah, sex in public is illegal, I imagine the officers arrested the offenders for that reason, and less for the anti-sodomy law, sounds like a pretty weak attempt to incriminate the officers, but I of course wasn't there to be able to say. Whichever the case, it seems irrational that officers would risk their job and respect for some ridiculous homophobia.

mrsbright

Whichever the case, it seems irrational that officers would risk their job and respect for some ridiculous homophobia.

Riiiiiiiight, because we never heard of police being jerks out of discrimination and racial profiling is for example not a thing because it would be "irrational".

Please.

Now, it is STATED that the motive of the arrest was put down as "unnatural carnal copulation by a human being with another of the same sex." so what you "imagine" the reason to be is seriously not important. You don't need to imagine something if the original motive and intention is stated by the police themselves, and reports are made to explain what happened to those who weren't there.

I think it's a funny story because, come on. People having sex in the back of a parked car in an empty place? It's just so fucking classic, you see it in all the movies and TV shows! Looking forward to see what comes out of it.

RingoBerry

Yeah those two men will most probably be fined or go to prison (or both) for doing something like that in public but I do wonder if the mistake of the officers will somehow affect the punishment for those two.

pandabear1991

Sounds to me like the officers are against same-sex couples and made it a point to arrest them when they realized they were 2 guys. Not saying it doesn't happen, but how often do we hear of straight couples getting arrested for having sex in their vehicles?