Police Blitzes

Rosyrain

I am not quite sure what is going on in my city today, but there is a huge police presence here. I have never seen so many patrol cars driving around as I have seen on the errands I have been running today. I live in a pretty upper class town and there is a low crime rate here. There are both city police and sheriffs all around. I am not sure if they are just blitzing the town or if there is something going on that I am not aware of. Have any of you seen this where you live before?

missbishi

Yes I have. A couple of years ago, there was a controversial search for a man named Raul Moat who had seriously maimed both a policeman and his ex-girlfriend and killed his ex's new man. The entire North East of the country was scoured and there were so many police cars driving around. This went on for around three days. We all knew what they were doing. Moat ended up shooting himself in the head during a stand-off with police.

lushlala

Yes I have. A couple of years ago, there was a controversial search for a man named Raul Moat who had seriously maimed both a policeman and his ex-girlfriend and killed his ex's new man. The entire North East of the country was scoured and there were so many police cars driving around. This went on for around three days. We all knew what they were doing. Moat ended up shooting himself in the head during a stand-off with police.

I remember that incident, missbishi! It was widely televised and there were police officers everywhere, their cars and police copters! Wasn't it it the one where Gazza even tried to talk Moat down or something? It was very strange.

I've also seen this sort of thing happen here, but we never find out what's going on. I always think the police must be on the trail of someone very dangerous, and to avoid compromising the search or alarming the public, they just go about their business.

bala

If its something like that in here,then i would look at only 3 possibilities
1.Political party meeting
2.Murder/rape or some crime.
3.Bandobast (protection sought)by some VIP.
How do you guys take it

Rosyrain

I am not sure what was going on because, as far as I know, they were not after a high profile criminal. It is getting near election time, maybe there was a politician here and I just did not know about it.

bala

I am not sure what was going on because, as far as I know, they were not after a high profile criminal. It is getting near election time, maybe there was a politician here and I just did not know about it.
That can be the only way or the possibility.I listed out all the "ones" probable for a cop force swarming the area.
I really don't understand why the fk these assholes,called politicians create a ruckus everytime they step in or out.

JoanMcWench

This happens so often where I am that it's really just another day another crime. I suppose that's a positive thing. I know further south in town they don't bother to show up for most situations. I suppose it's a glass half empty (crime being a regular occurrence) glass half full (police show up) deal.

IshieVonDyson

I’ve noticed it in my small town as well. It’s not that much of a surprise to me, though. There have always been a high number of drug busts in the district, and people are flocking to certain parts of the district because of the fairly cheap real estate. Also car thefts are on the rise, so police may be on the search for chop shops as well.

mairj23

I think this is going on everywhere. Just today in my town, the police seem to be on every corner. Cocaine, molly, bath salts, and prescription meds are everywhere and it's got people going crazy for it.

bala

I think this is going on everywhere. Just today in my town, the police seem to be on every corner. Cocaine, molly, bath salts, and prescription meds are everywhere and it's got people going crazy for it.
Let me guess Non US Citizen..??
Let them even put the entire cop force,there still will be illegal activity take place.The criminals somehow find a loophole or else bribe cops to create a loophole.."/ sigh

missbishi

I remember that incident, missbishi! It was widely televised and there were police officers everywhere, their cars and police copters! Wasn't it it the one where Gazza even tried to talk Moat down or something? It was very strange.

Yes, he turned up at the scene with a case of beer and some fried chicken for Moat! Apparently they knew each other from the nightclubs back in the day!