Police Put TCC Southeast Campus on Lockdown

Anthony

Super Moderator
ARLINGTON. An armed gunman was seen close to the southeast campus of Tarrant County College around noon Tuesday and students are were told to take cover and stay quiet until further notice.
Grand Prairie police were searching for a suspected burglar in the area and called for the lockdown. Police believe the suspect was in the woods that are located behind the college.
Students and teachers at the campus were sent a text message telling them to "get out if you can or stay in your room, turn out lights, close blinds, lock the door and hide."
At the time the alert was given Sheridan Glass was registering as a business marketing major. Sheridan and about 30 students and some school employees are now locked down in a library conference room.
"I was registering for a class in a hallway." "Someone told us to get into the library. We're supposed to stay here until someone comes and gets us." Glass said.
Nancy Kohlman, 60 was also there getting ready for class when it happened.
"We did everything we were supposed to do" she said. "We turned off the light and closed the door, but there was no way to lock it. So we put a chair in front of the door."
We all believed it was a drill, so none of us were afraid, Kohlman said.
Some students said that family members they were texting with told them to get out of the building, Kohlman said.
The teacher said "I guess you should leave, and when you do, go out to the right to the closest exit,'" she said.
Kohlman got into her car and drove away. While driving away from the school, she heard on KRLD that the reason for the lockdown was that a burglar was running around in the area.
"This is crazy," she said. "If they had us on lockdown because of a suspicious person I would think the last thing they'd want us to do is go to our cars and leave.

Last edited by a moderator: