Police Say Couple Stole $9,000 Worth Of Underwear

Rainman

Police say a man and a woman stole 1,000 pairs of panties from a JC Penny Wyoming store but managed to escape. How they could get away with all those panties with so many store employees milling around is beyond comprehension. The store employees claim that they didn't notice the theft until several minutes later. By the time the police arrived on the scene, the suspects had got away.

One can but wonder whether an employee in the store knew about the planned theft and facilitated "things" for the panty-thieves so they could get away safely or maybe the pair just were really good at this sort of stuff.

Gabe

That's a lot of underwear and really hard to steal unless they were in packs (but still). Maybe it was an inside job as a man wandering around the underwear department always throws up suspicion. Not sure what they will do with them, sell them in a market? A very strange item to steal.

Gelsemium

Impressive indeed, some of the underwear had jewelry? :) If the clothes do have alarms in fact is something that I don't understand, but if they don't have it's fairly easy to accomplish.

Patrick

I had to re-read that a few times! It's certainly one of the most weird thefts that I've heard of. Something tells me that the thief might be some sort of pervert who did this for gratification instead of money. After all, who would want to buy second-hand panties?

DancingLady

What could you possibly want all that underwear for? Are they planning to sell it on the internet or something? Store employees are supposed to be trained to spot shoplifting. I guess they were not paying attention, at all. That is quite a lot of bulk to just walk out with.

thegrey1

This definitely sounds like an inside job. They'll probably sell them on Ebay and one of the employees will get a cut of the profits.

dyanmarie25

This actually made me laugh. If you're going to steal something, why does it have to be underwear? Why not jewelry since it's way more expensive but yeah, the security must be a lot stricter. Is that a fetish or something? Yes, this is really absurd.

marcamm

Wow, you have to give it to them, this couple is really good. A thousand underwear? That is too much to be unnoticeable. They must have had contact with someone on the store to be able to pull off this act. Why would they need such number of undies? Are they planning to sell it and make a profit? Or were they having a photo shoot using those? I'm just wondering. Haha.

Determined2014

Those are a lot of underwear to be stolen and get away with it, the same way you are saying, where were all those employees who are always walking around in all those departments, from the way am looking at it, it seems like an inside job.

stevesxs9

They may have gotten away with it but someone or maybe more than one will have to pay. I wouldn't be surprised if some of those employees lose their jobs after this episode.

missbishi

Panties aren't usually security tagged and as they are so small, it would be easier to to grab full rails full of them. Having said that, it must have taken a few moments so it wouldn't surprise me if it was an inside job. I expect they will end up on market stalls as "ex-Big Box" items.

JoanMcWench

You know something? Every time I find myself at JC Penney I find that I get the overwhelming urge to steal thousands of panties. No bras. No socks. Panties. It's the sassy choice. I should have been the Bonnie in the Bonnie & Clyde duo.