Police say teen killed another teen, posed with body for a selfie

Rainman

You've heard of people doing stupid things to take selfies. Some have had to pay the ultimate price [couples falling off cliffs, teens being run over by trains, etc]. A dumb criminal thought it was time to take all the stupidity a step further. After murdering another teen, he posed with the body for a selfie.

A Pennsylvania 16-year-old stands accused of murder after cops say he shot another teen in the face and then posed with the victim’s body for a selfie that led to his arrest.
Authorities say Maxwell Marion Morton took the picture after killing high school junior Ryan Mangan, 16, on Wednesday in Mangan’s home in the Pittsburgh suburb of Jeannette.
Morton confessed to shooting Mangan with a 9 mm handgun that was found in the basement of Morton's home.
His actions prove that he's a psycho and should be kept locked away for the rest of his life.

donnalynn47

WOW! that is really dumb not to mention cold blooded. This guy is proud of his kill I take it. This is what a hunter will do when they bag a nice buck during hunting season. I personally think this is just about as low as it gets. I hope these punk ass thuggish kids get what they give.

missbishi

How stupid? He's got to be some kind of psychopath, there's no doubt there. I agree he needs locking up for the duration. What a sad waste of two lives.

mrsbright

Hahhaha.

I've seen this behaviour from soldiers, and even saw pics of Israeli soldiers happily making selfies next to bodies, and I heard people who were deployed saying that taking this kind of dumb pictures was not uncommon...

But to actually do this when you have not been ordered to kill by your country? But to do this when you are just a small fry and that this is incriminating evidence?

I mean, the behaviour itself is disgusting (though not unheard of, and I don't hear you guys calling soldiers psychopaths). But it's also so dumb!

Kittyworker

It always amazes me that people will take pictures of themselves with the bodies of their victims. Not only is it disgusting but it just provides evidence of your crime.

missbishi

It always amazes me that people will take pictures of themselves with the bodies of their victims. Not only is it disgusting but it just provides evidence of your crime.

Surely indicative of some kind of mental illness involving an inability to comprehend how your actions affect you. I know crazy is not really a nice word to use but seriously, you'd have to be VERY crazy to do something like this.

Rosyrain

That is just sick. It is almost like a hunter posing next to his or her animal that was just hunted, except for the fact that this was a human being and not an animal being killed so that one could eat. Is it that people are becoming more sociopathic , or is it just easier to be dumb with all of the social media out there?

OMGnoWAY

The saddest part about this is that someone hacked the kids snapchat or phone or whatever account and now, apparently, the picture is still out there floating around. So not only did this poor kid and his family have to deal with the extreme irreverence of the original "selfie" taken with his corpse, but now the picture will live forever on the internet. A decade from now, someone will be able to google "dead kid selfie" and this poor kid's picture will come up.

I mean, what was the murderer thinking?? Did he kill him just to take the "ultimate selfie"?? What has America come to.

RingoBerry

Its scary how a lot of kids now are capable of things like killing people and not even flinch. They never thought of how children from other countries don't have a choice but to be a part f war, to use guns and I've even recently read of a boy forced to be a suicide bomber. That they are lucky enough to not have been born in places like that and yet it happens to them anyway. Its just really disturbing. How do you rehabilitate a kid like that?

stevesxs9

It just goes to show you what little value some people place on human life. This is the reason I have always been in favor of the death penalty. When someone commits a disgusting act like this, the don't deserve to live and should be put to death.

Shimus

WHY DOES ALL THIS STUFF HAPPEN IN MY STATE. Oh yeah, because this is the land of opportunities!

Really though, these stories are getting me a bit down these days. Not from the act itself; but from how stupid humanity is becoming using technology for wrong ends. It never ceases to amaze me what dumb criminals do. They're not even thinking, I think.

Gelsemium

That is so true steve, not only he kills him, but takes a selfie too like it's something you are proud of? Values like the respect for human life are disappearing very fast.

jeremy2

This looks to me like premeditated murder. He had all the time in the world to pose and take a pic of his dead friend,that was really evil. Apart from taking psychiatric evaluation, he should face the full face of the law for his barbaric act.