Police Shows

Rosyrain

When thinking about all of the police, FBI, and CIA related shows out there, what are your favorite ones to watch? I really like Criminal Minds because the plots are always so interesting. My fiance and I try to guess what the end result of the show is going to be, and surprisingly he is usually right! I also enjoy to watch the show Cops because it features real life stops and apprehensions. People can be so stupid sometimes.

Kittyworker

Law & Order has long been my favorite crime drama. I grew up watching it with my parents alongside Homicide and NYPD Blue. Most of the other shows I cant help but think about the fact that yea, they have arrested him, but is there enough evidence to convict him, what police procedures have they violated that are going to screw up the trial? Stupid things like that. It also seems like they always get the bad guy whereas that didn't always happen in L&O.

LitoLawless

I've always liked Criminal Minds too. If I'm really not doing anything on the weekends, I know that I can find a marathon of it on TV somewhere. I could just sit and watch multiple episodes back to back.

Rhoda D'Ettore

I have seen all the L&O and Criminal Minds.. so I moved on to the British murder mysteries. Some of them are so incredibly interesting and very different from US shows.

DancingLady

I've seen a few episodes of cops, but I didn't care for it. It did give me a greater appreciation for what officers have to deal with, but as a TV show it was just not enjoyable to watch. I find law enforcement shows rather stressful and since I know that is not something I should be subjecting my body to right now, I don't watch them.

JulianWilliams

I've tried getting into police shows but I can't seem to manage it for some reason. The way they have a picture of somebody's back and then they "turn it around" is just ridiculous. I prefer documentaries about the ways police forces have solved real world crimes, usually difficult ones where they had to be really clever to get to the perpetrator.

missbishi

I'm not too keen on fictional cop shows but I do enjoy documentaries about police work and murders, in particular. It is fascinating to see how the crimes are solved and the scientific work that is involved.

Rosyrain

I also like those murder documenteries that they play on HLN and A&E on the weekends. Some of them are very interesting and there are a lot of twists and turns along the way. They are generally packed with good information about how they uncovered the case and the evidence that was collected.

Owl

I'm watching Criminal Minds as we speak. I love thinking I know what's going on and coming to conclusions before the characters do, even if I know they all know. I especially am a fan of Dexter and Law and Order SVU as far as fictional series go, and I watch whatever generic Cops show is on if it's the reality-show type thing. I especially dig the Alaska ones, some weird stuff happens there. Miami too. I will say I wouldn't ever want to be on one, but as long as I don't break the law that should be just fine.

stevesxs9

I also like Criminal Minds because the each member of the team has a special skill which helps in solving the different cases. I also like how professional they tackle a case, and the luxury of flying to different crime scenes in the company jet. And I also like CSI Miami.

tanker

Most of police work is boring. TV only shows the exciting bits. So police work involves doing stuff like dealing with stupid drunk people, domestic disputes, taking police reports. In the case of an investigation, lots of foot work, tracking dead ends, questioning people. Ofcourse this does not make good TV, so they never show this part.

bala

I have always been a big fan of "Jack Bauer",the crazy guy in 24 and that's the only show i watch in the cop genre.Though the storyline is almost the same in all those shows,this guy makes it interesting.I have been following this up right from first.

ninespoons

I'm interested to hear from actual police officers which show they think is the most true to life. I hear The Wire be thrown around a lot when it comes to this discussion, but I'm not sure I'd even call that a police show since you have the perspective from both sides of the law. Tanker is right-on with what he's said above: a genuinely realistic TV cop show would be a complete bore to watch, but I'm still interested to hear which show people think comes the closest.

shilpa123

I usually do not any kind of police shows as I think most of them are fake and made up. But I have watched a few comedy action movies which involves police .

Kamarsun1

I use to watch cops a lot, more for the comedy, but as I got older I didn't have as much interest in Cops, plus my friends didn't seem to like the show that much, maybe because they where dealing with the real life version of cops.

Shimus

Cop shows? Probably dangerous criminals caught on tape, or Police Chases caught on Dash cams. Shows like that, that don't emphasize what cops does - they over dramatize most events and even glorify some unnecessarily. These other shows which just show cameras are not doctored, they are what these cops go through in real life. This is why I like them, I think.

shilpa123

I think police shows are too cool and totally worth having. I believe that it is best to try and learn quite a lot from the show.

TonyMHFan

I watch pretty much every police related show available aside from CSI. From The Mentalist to Law and Order and back again. Definitely my favorite sort of shows to watch, they're pretty engaging.

Profit5500

Most of police work is boring. TV only shows the exciting bits. So police work involves doing stuff like dealing with stupid drunk people, domestic disputes, taking police reports. In the case of an investigation, lots of foot work, tracking dead ends, questioning people. Ofcourse this does not make good TV, so they never show this part.
I could remember watching the show called "Southland" that was good. I wish they had continued that series it was getting really interesting.