Police: Woman stabs herself, lies about being sexually assaulted

Rainman

A woman who probably wanted to frame someone found herself buried to the neck in trouble when investigators ascertained that the crime she'd called to report was committed by her.

The woman stabbed herself in the face, neck and groin area before calling the police. When the police arrived she told them that a man armed with a knife and sexually assaulted her, stabbed her then fled. The police's bid to track the suspect using K-9s was abortive. It forced them to draw conclusions that the woman had made up the story. And they were right.

Police: Woman stabs herself, lies about being sexually assaulted | Local News - WYFF Home

"Police said Freeman admitted to stabbing herself and making up the story.

She is currently in the Spartanburg County Detention Facility awaiting a bond hearing."

OMGnoWAY

I knew a girl in college that did this. She was a serial liar. I agree the woman committed a crime, but I think these types of things are cries for help (like fake suicide attempts). I think that the woman would be better off going to therapy than to prison.

missbishi

I would agree that she needs a psychiatric intervention rather than jail. I understand that she has wasted police time and money but there's got to be something seriously wrong with your mental health to stab yourself like that.

mrsbright

When I read the title, I thought: you have to hate people like this who, because they hold grudges, are willing to go so far to get a man they hate in prison for a false accusation. And they make it harder for every real rape case.

But upon reading further details... yeah, it really has to be some mental illness or some cry for help, because it was not even that she had someone specific in mind, just the claim that she was assaulted.

I think the first comment on the article is quite thought-provoking:

When someone is physically sick, people send flowers. When they are mentally sick, people throw rocks. I hope she gets the help she needs.

stevesxs9

Anyone willing to do great harm to themselves, definitely needs psychiatric help because of what she is capable of doing to herself as well as others. Since rape is one the worst crimes that can be committed,then its imperative to make sure the liars are caught and dealt with.

pandabear1991

Everyone said it, but I completely agree--mental health treatment, and court ordered at that.

Those officers could have been attending other 911 calls or patrolling the areas to help keep them safe. So to add, I think it would be fair that she does some jail time or community service, to help her understand that there are consequences to such actions. I mean, mental health seems to be the biggest factor here, however if she just gets slapped with mental health for intentionally wasting an officer's time, it may allow her to think that she can get away with actual murder (in the future) with the thought that mental health will save her behind.

I am not trying to be harsh with this thought, but a combination of the enforced mental health, discipline, and support groups would probably help her to understand the damage of her actions. Also that the court order should remain in effect for at least 2 years, to ensure she follows through and sticks with it.

Last edited:

thegrey1

Everyone said, but I completely agree--mentally health treatment, and court ordered at that.

Those officers could have been attending other 911 calls or patrolling the areas to help keep them safe. So to add, I think it would be fair that she does some jail time or community service, to help her understand that there are consequences to such actions. I mean, mental health seem to be the biggest factor here, however if she just gets slapped with mental health for intentionally wasting an officer's time, it may allow her to think that she can get away with actual murder (in the future) with the thought that mental health will save her behind. I am not trying to be harsh with this thought, but a combination of the enforced mental health, discipline, and support groups would probably help her to understand the damage of her actions. Also that the court order should remain in effect for at least 2 years, to ensure she follows through and sticks with it.
I agree.She needs mental help, but unless she is declared legally insane, she needs to be punished for her decision to do this. It's really hard to have any sympathy for someone who causes a whole lot of chaos by crying WOLF, unless they are certifiable.

shilpa123

It is really sad when such things happen. I am sure a lot of people would be surprised with such actions of the women. The women needs to know that blaming others in such situations is never the right thing to do.

marcamm

This woman definitely has mental disorder. I remember watching the film Scream4. The mentally-ill killer stabbed herself in the shoulder and then threw herself on the glass table, breaking it, and injuring herself in the process to avoid police suspicion. I would never imagine this could happen in real life situation.